Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
MONSEY

WaitingtoDeliver

Post Sun, Jun 03 2007, 8:01 pm
Hi,

My DH and I are planning to move to Monsey from CH. We are looking to rent an apartment or basement-does anyone know of any availability? We need a 2-bedroom+ place.

Also, we aren't familar with the diffeent neighborhoods of Monsey--can anyone who knows describe the different areas and what type of people live in each? We are looking to move near a Lubavitch shul.

Thank you in advance!

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jun 03 2007, 8:24 pm
You should hook up with a broker or friend who lives there. Ther is no Lub "neighborhood" per se.

Nicole

Post Sun, Jun 03 2007, 9:16 pm
PM me with questions, I grew up there.

happyone

Post Mon, Jun 04 2007, 9:11 am
New City has a really nice Lubavich community.

bashinda

Post Mon, Jun 04 2007, 10:19 am
The main community is technically in Spring Valley I think (it's so confusing) with a smaller community in Airmont but the shul there is part of somebody's house. It's nice and that's common for Monsey from what I understand but the Spring Valley shul is a full shul in it's own building and it's on Langeries. (Sorry, I actually can't find the full address. it's not listed on chabad.org). One of the main Rabbis is Rabbi Werner.

Esther01

Post Mon, Jun 04 2007, 10:29 am
the shul you are talking about on Langeries, is actually in Monsey, a very nice neighborhood. very mixed, a lot of Lubs and all other types. there is a complex called 'victoria gardens' that has many buildings with apartments of all sizes and prices. it's a 5 minute walk from the shul and I know a lot of lubs live on that complex.
if you want the number of the victoria gardens office, I can try and get that for you.

bashinda

Post Mon, Jun 04 2007, 10:40 am
Sorry. It's so confusing for outsiders because you only go a few blocks from it and you're in Spring Valley. I know people who live right by that shul and their address is Spring Valley. Rockland County is really strangely laid out. At any rate you could very well live in Spring Valley and go to the Tzemech Tzedek shul on Langeries and not even have a long walk.

Esther01

Post Mon, Jun 04 2007, 10:48 am
bashinda wrote:
Sorry. It's so confusing for outsiders because you only go a few blocks from it and you're in Spring Valley. I know people who live right by that shul and their address is Spring Valley. Rockland County is really strangely laid out. At any rate you could very well live in Spring Valley and go to the Tzemech Tzedek shul on Langeries and not even have a long walk.

true

WaitingtoDeliver

Post Mon, Jun 04 2007, 1:57 pm
Thanks everyone for your help--I really appreciate it. If anyone knows of anything to rent or buy in Monsey, near the Tzemach Tzedek shul preferably, please let me know.

shayna82

Post Mon, Jun 04 2007, 2:00 pm
victoria gardens is a really nice place to live, I have friends there that love it...

JMto2

Post Mon, Jun 04 2007, 5:04 pm
Apartments are hard to find in monsey I would tell you to consider applying to Victoria gardens which is a 5 minute walk from the shul or you can have someone in monsey pick up the community connections on wednesday and call the apartments for rent.

happyone

Post Mon, Jun 04 2007, 6:36 pm
put an ad on luach.com in the monsey region. someone may be able to help you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries