Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Cost of a close family simcha
Previous  1  2  3

Tefila

Post Mon, Jul 11 2005, 10:24 am
Sarahd lol. Actually micki at first I thought you were flabbergasted until I read u'r whole uh jibberish Twisted Evil

micki

Post Mon, Jul 11 2005, 11:47 am
actually- that would be the opinion of my 2 yr old, or maybe the 3 yr old.
I saw them playing on the comp. and I think that would be them! I haven't forgotten how to spell- but I think its amazing that they were able to put it in a quote!
I left this open to reply to...
and now I'm too excited about yael and her GIRL!!!!!! to even think about what I was going to say!!!

queen

Post Mon, Jul 11 2005, 12:32 pm
micki wrote:
actually- that would be the opinion of my 2 yr old, or maybe the 3 yr old.

they appear to be quite expressive!
LOL

raizy

Post Mon, Aug 01 2005, 1:21 pm
Iam also called cheap because I buy on sale for next year.so they are all outdated by one year who cares... only one of my sister told me that you have to buy clothing at the beginning of the season because then you get the best selection. well me and my cousin laughed at her. maybe you can do that when you have one kid but knahare with a few it gets kinda pricey to do that. and I am very happy in doing it my way. like this the kids get new clothing and it is very cheap . 1/3 of the cost then if I would get it full price..

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Sun, Aug 21 2005, 12:58 pm
Last year bef. my younger sister got married, my mom went shopping with her for wardrobe, in one of the stores she saw a beautiful suit for me, there was only one and it was my size, she asked if she can take it home so I can try it on, they said ok, and my mom said if it fits she will bring in the money, otherwise she will bring it back.
she paid 100 bucks on it since it was from last year.
It was beautiful on me. then I took it to walmart to see if I can maybe find nicer buttons for it, and as I a passed the decorating section, I saw a beautiful rope that I bought a few yards, it matched perfectly and I had s/one sew it on to the collar for me. I can not tell you how many compliments I got at my sisters wedding.

shoes, that is a ridiculous price.
About make up, I did at my sisters wedding the first time professional, paid 40 bucks.. I never looked nicer, then I showed some ppl the picture of me at the wedding, and they told me this pic. is gonna cost you alot of money. meaning, why I donm't look like this always, well, I said I don't have the money to do a makeup every day.
But I've done my face myself for Sheva Brochos and still got lots of compliments, for my sister's wedding that's coming up in 5 weeks I want to do it professional again, I hope I will have the money.

MOM222

Post Fri, Jul 14 2006, 11:15 am
Lucky there are plenty of fantastic make up artist (that would come to you) that charge $40 dollars. Unless you are the kallah I don't understand why anyone would need to spend $75 on your makeup.

chen

Post Fri, Jul 14 2006, 12:37 pm
daisy wrote:
amother wrote:
Dress for me 350- to rent
Dresses for pre-teens 300- to rent
Suits for boys 300
Shoes for all 500
hairdos on day of wedding 60-
dress for little girl 100- to rent
sheva brochus/oifruf dresses for girls min. 165 each
ETC.....

seeing the sparkle in your children's eyes as they dance at the wedding - priceless....For everything else, there's mastercard

Love it, love it, love it!

Raisin

Post Fri, Jul 14 2006, 12:43 pm
sometimes only you know what looks good on your face. By my wedding, I told the (very expensive and very good) make up lady not to use mascara because it didn't agree with my contact lenses. She said it would be okay....well, I looked fine at the earlier pictures, but the later ones my eyes looked like the wicked witch of the west. (and NOBODY told me!)

If you are good at make up, do it yourself (and you can justify spending $75 on some really good makeup!)

Mazel tov

chen

Post Fri, Jul 14 2006, 12:43 pm
lucky wrote:
If all my sisters r having their make-up done on the day of sisters wedding,by a profesional make-up artist,(charges $75 each face) Do I do the same as not to be different,

If all your sisters have Cheerios for breakfast, do you have to have Cheerios for breakfast, too?

It's your face. If you feel OK doing your own makeup, why pay a professional? Save time--you can do your face at the same time as she's doing s/o else's --as well as $.

Personally I have rarely seen a/o professionally made up that I liked. they all put on waaaay too much glop. You should look nice, not "made up". The pros have to make you look "made up" otherwise you won't think you got your money's worth.

If the kalloh objects, tell her you can give the $75 to the makeup artist, or you can give the $75 to her. Her choice. See what she says!

It is incredible chutzpah for anyone--anyone-- to tell you how to spend your money.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jul 14 2006, 1:07 pm
You do have the inlaws to consider.

shayna82

Post Fri, Jul 14 2006, 1:09 pm
and the meaning of that was????

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Jul 14 2006, 1:43 pm
that people WILL tell you how to spend your money! and you will have to respect their feelings!

chen

Post Fri, Jul 14 2006, 2:05 pm
yes, people will tell you how to spend your money, your time, your energy, feed your children, do your hair, furnish your house and plan your estate, but you do not have to listen to them unless THEY are footing the bill. And if it's your face, what do their feelings have to do with it? Aderabbo, they should respect your feelings--you are the one wearing the face.

didan

Post Fri, Jul 14 2006, 2:59 pm
B"H

SaraG wrote:
that people WILL tell you how to spend your money! and you will have to respect their feelings!

They're welcome to make suggestions and I'm free to either do what they suggest or do what I think is best for me.

If it's important enough to anyone that I have my face painted for $75 for a wedding - they can feel free to sponsor it!

avigayil

Post Fri, Jul 14 2006, 3:56 pm
B'H", we didn't do any of this stuff when dh and I got married.
We did have 1 relative who, on her own, went out and bought a $750 dress! When we told her it was going to be a simple afternoon affair, she was livid! We certainly hadn't told her to buy anything though.

My chassunah was the only time I had my makeup done by a professional.

I think paying these high prices is insane.
Families have housing costs, food, healthcare, and tuition bills. To ask someone to lay out huge sums of money to fulfill your own fantasy of a simcha is just chutzpah to me.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics