Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Needlework and Sewing
Chagall windows

ROFL

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 10:55 pm
My mother has made almost half of the Chagall windows of the shvatim in needlepoint. I would like to frame them they are 18 inches by 14 inches.
I got a price for stretching and framing that is about 150 dollars --- does anyone know anyplace in the NY NJ area that is cheaper ?
Thanks

shanie5

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 9:50 pm
You can stretch them yourself. Its not that hard.

Do you have a michaels or ac moore you can go to? They are usually very decently priced on stretching and framing.

Many years ago I went to a place called Schwartz on 13th avenue that was reasonable. I have no idea if they are still around or not though. (must be over 30 years ago-but I dont feel old enough for that to be possible).

ROFL

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 11:39 pm
I went to AC Moore. They wanted aver two hundred dollars I was shocked at that price. The 150 was in a frum store in Lakewood. Thanks for your help I will check in Brooklyn

applepie

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 1:00 am
You Shoukd michals when they have sales. They constantly do

amother

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 4:39 am
A while ago I was looking for a new tallit bag for my husband and came across the chagall windows - I initally thought they were ready made but when I found out I would have to make it (!) dropped the idea.
I wonder if they are the same ones?
http://www.gonestitching.net/n......html

If so, do you have pics? I have been thinking of actually doing it.
Also - would I need to do this "stretching" or it is more simple to attach a back as opposed to framing?
Thanks!

(I'm only amother bc if I do actually do this, I assume there won't be many guys walking around with Chagall tallit bags)

ROFL

Post Tue, Feb 17 2015, 11:18 am
I wish I knew how to attach pics. I will ask my daughter when she gets home to figure it out.
For a talit bag you just have to add the bag part I don't think you need to stretch it out at all I will look into michaels on sale. Thanks

amother wrote:
A while ago I was looking for a new tallit bag for my husband and came across the chagall windows - I initally thought they were ready made but when I found out I would have to make it (!) dropped the idea.

Also - would I need to do this "stretching" or it is more simple to attach a back as opposed to framing?
Thanks!

(I'm only amother bc if I do actually do this, I assume there won't be many guys walking around with Chagall tallit bags)

shanie5

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 7:23 pm
amother wrote:

Thanks!

You will have to stretch any needlepoint. By the time you are finished your project, the needlepoint will be misshapen. Stretching brings it back to the shape its supposed to be.

AC Moore and Michaels almost always have sales on their custom framing. Anywhere from 40%-60% off. Do a search for coupons.

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Feb 18 2015, 7:40 pm
There are some framing coupons here: http://www.couponsherpa.com/pr.....aels/

amother

Post Thu, Feb 19 2015, 2:06 am
Thank you Shanie5 and ROFL.
I'd love to see those pictures if you figure it out!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Needlework and Sewing