Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Anyone vacation in West Virginia?

frumnurse

Post Mon, Jun 04 2007, 5:51 am
I am taking a week long vacation in the canaan mountains in West Virginia this summer with my husband and kids and other family members. We are renting a large private home in a resort with private pool/etc. We are a very nature oriented family and enjoy the outdoors alot. I was wondering if there are any moms out there who have gone there and can share their experiences or their activities?

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Mon, Jun 04 2007, 6:03 am
I have been to Berkeley Springs, WV a few times. Its a small town with natural hot springs running through it. You can stick your hand into the creek in the town square and feel the hot water. (There's a plaque in the center of town about how George Washington took a spa visit there once.) There are a lot of antique shops there and there's an old mansion that looks like a castle to explore. Plus there's a tiny downtown area to walk around.

I have no idea if this is close to where you'll be staying but its worth a visit if your family would like the sort of things I've described. Have a great trip!

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jun 04 2007, 10:21 am
As I girl we were there many times!

greenfire

Post Mon, Jun 04 2007, 11:02 am
sounds lovely - enjoy
perhaps you can google west virginia and get the tourist stuff ...

TorahMom48

Post Fri, Jun 08 2007, 11:40 am
Country roads take me home to a place where I belong.....West Virginia

I guess I coud you a holiday there too Smile

sorry my experiences in WV have been just in passing but I hear its a beautiful place.

http://www.wvtourism.com/

you can view stuff on their site or call for info. Don't know how helpful they are because they refused to send a brochure overseas to Israel.

rise above

Post Fri, Jun 08 2007, 2:54 pm
frumnurse wrote:
I am taking a week long vacation in the canaan mountains in West Virginia this summer with my husband and kids and other family members. We are renting a large private home in a resort with private pool/etc. We are a very nature oriented family and enjoy the outdoors alot. I was wondering if there are any moms out there who have gone there and can share their experiences or their activities?

can I ask you how much it costs to rent this kind of house for week? you can PM me if you're not comfortable responding to the public.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics