Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Father's Day

Mommy912

Post Fri, Jun 17 2005, 12:11 pm
I just realized that Father's day is this Sunday. I usually just do a card. Does anyone have any other ideas? Do you mark this occasion? I know, 'Every day is Father's day', but I like to do something special.

daisy

Post Fri, Jun 17 2005, 12:17 pm
We acknowledge mothers day cause my mom is American and appreciates it; but skip fathers' day, since my dad is not from the US and thinks its narishkeit. When my grandparents were alive we made a big deal about it, since it was important to them.

queen

Post Fri, Jun 17 2005, 1:24 pm
how about going out to eat, or packing a picnic.........?
or framing a family picture for his office.......

just some suggestions.
enjoy!

RedVines

Post Sat, Jun 18 2005, 9:33 pm
I usually have the kids make a card, and I make a special breakfast. I have also made a collage of fam pictures with cute stickers etc.

I like to do something, even if its little.

Pearl

Post Mon, Jun 20 2005, 3:19 am
we do mother's day, father's day, yom ha'ahava, and when we lived in israel - family day!
the children love putting together self made gifts, and seeing us smile etc.
we also buy some small gifts that they can then give us, but most important are the home-made gifts! I remember how much I enjoyed making them as a child.

Mommy912

Post Mon, Jun 20 2005, 7:15 am
I have never heard of yom ha'ahava - is that like Valentines Day? Also never heard of family day, but it sounds like a great idea. What do you do to celebrate it?

IndyMom

Post Mon, Jun 20 2005, 7:58 am
I bought my husband a "superdad" t-shirt from walgreens and made him wear it all day yesterday. He changed before he went to the store though - I guess he felt like a loser in it. oh well Smile

Mommy912

Post Mon, Jun 20 2005, 11:09 am
I saw someone wearing one of those t-shirts - it looked cool. Nice idea! Tongue Out

Pearl

Post Tue, Jun 21 2005, 1:38 am
Quote:
Mommy912 wrote:
I have never heard of yom ha'ahava - is that like Valentines Day? Also never heard of family day, but it sounds like a great idea. What do you do to celebrate it?

Tu Be'av is yom ha'ahava, I guess it's like valentine's day.
yom hamishpacha (family day) is celebrated only in israel I believe. emphasize in school (young age at least) on what family is all about, crafts re the subject, etc. families do fun things together on that day! it's been 3 yrs already that we didn't celebrate it, my dh couldn't take those days off, so I would do something fun with the children and with friends. siba lemesiba! (a reason for a party!) there's no father's day in israel.

JEWISHMAMA

Post Tue, Jun 21 2005, 1:42 am
This year all my dad wanted was his newspaper, cherry bakewell tarts and his kids and grandkids.
my dad´s very simple and doesn´t like to make a big deal about the fact that he´s a dad. We love him so cause he´s such a simple man and easily please. May we all have husbands like him.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics