Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
New Travel Requirements

jba

Post Tue, Jun 05 2007, 3:25 pm
Has anyone traveled abroad (we're going to israel) since they updated the new travel requirement? For liquids specifically. Any advice? I have a baby and need to bring baby food etc.

greenfire

Post Tue, Jun 05 2007, 3:35 pm
advice is to look on line for that specific airline and their specific rules ... babies may be an exception ... but I wouldn't want to steer you wrong ... they give allowments ... so look up a list so that you have details ... will help you for sure ...

cindy324

Post Tue, Jun 05 2007, 3:38 pm
You could bring on baby food and bottles, but they'll most probably make you taste it in front of them. Also, you can take on liquids that are not more than 3 oz, like trial or travel size bottles of mouthwash, lotions or gels. , although I did make it through with a bottle of contact lens solution, I forgot to take it out from my carry on bag, I guess the guy watching the x ray screen was asleep or something.

Oh, and a word of advice - If you're traveling with you sheitel on, and wear pins in your hair underneath it, or even if you have those metal clips in your sheitel, TELL them in ADVANCE!! I forgot and I kept on setting off the machine, so I had to have a full body pat down. The woman told me had I told her in advance she wouldn't have to put me through this. This all just happened at Newark 2 weeks ago.

greenfire

Post Tue, Jun 05 2007, 3:47 pm
also the small 3 oz bottles must fit in little clear zip lock baggie ... at least in usa ... don't know about abroad ... this is for carry-on ... dif rules for stowed luggage ... check

HooRYou

Post Tue, Jun 05 2007, 3:51 pm
greenfire wrote:
also the small 3 oz bottles must fit in little clear zip lock baggie ... at least in usa ... don't know about abroad ... this is for carry-on ... dif rules for stowed luggage ... check

This is what my relatives experienced when they came to visit us in the winter. I remember my mom and sis going coo coo about fitting everything in the ziploc baggie. I ws thinking they were ntus since I don't bring hardly any toiletry type things on the plane. Who is awake enough to remember to put on hand cream anyway? No offense meant to lens wearers though.

Marion

Post Wed, Jun 06 2007, 1:38 am
I don't know how much 3oz is...

You're allowed 100mL of liquid per bottle. I believe this is the guideline for CHECKED baggage, however there is no limit on the number of bottles/tubes that go in your luggage. For carry on you are limited to what you can fit in that baggy (and I have NO idea what size it is...the baggy rule came into effect after my last trip).

For babies: You are allowed to bring baby bottles of juice, formula, or EBM (expressed breast milk). They will NOT allow water (even pre-boiled/distilled) on in baby bottles, even if you offer to taste it! (At least, this was my experience.) This means that you must pre-mix your formula if you use the powder. This applies to children up until age 5 or so.

My DH made it through with some toothpaste (we actually flew the day they were making up these rules as they went...it was annoying).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics