Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Anyone send to Darchei avoiseinu in lkwd?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Fri, Mar 13 2015, 12:12 am
Which schools would be compared to the Cheder?? Where do most ppl that have their boys there send their girls??

Chayalle

Post Fri, Mar 13 2015, 7:14 am
Is this about the Cheder or is it about DA?

amother

Post Sat, Mar 14 2015, 8:45 pm
Sorry just realized my post wasn't clear. I'm asking about Darchei avoiseinu. Which 2-3 girls school is most compared to it?

12rivkyk34

Post Wed, Mar 18 2015, 8:19 pm
In every school it varies as there are sooo many schools- but probably most similar to Tiferes Chaya (Leifer) or Keser Bais Yaakov (Mrs. Leiser)

amother

Post Wed, Mar 18 2015, 10:01 pm
I send my son there and send my daughters to a non-chassidesh girls schools. I find that many of the younger parents send to Keser Bais Yaakov (in my mind they are sister schools). Although, there are a bunch that send to non-chasidesh girls schools...

Personally, were not chassidesh but sent here for specific reasons.

Pinky

Post Sat, May 27 2017, 8:52 pm
Hey, I know this is a old thread but wondering the same thing, did things change over the yrs,? Is it still compared to kesser/tiferes chaya?

Are there any Bnos Bina families there? Is it that chassidish yet?

Pinky

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 5:25 am
Bump

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 5:52 am
The crowd hasn't changed much. They have a few more Chasidish families, mostly who moved from Boro Park. It's a really nice school and we're very happy there.

Pinky

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 7:28 am
Thnks, anyone sent there coming from a very chassidish cheider? How was the change? How did your son adjust?

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 8:06 am
It all depends how chasidish you are. If your child comes from a belz viznitz type from bp and your only yiddishspeaking your child will have a culture shock as per my experience. It can work but your child will need academic help. The level is much much higher then in bp. And he will say things that are not in chasidish bp type. Not negative at all it's just different. The kids play more sport s. It's Lakewood so the difference is there. As well as the culture is different. Again. Not negative but different

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 8:07 am
I do find that Lakewood children are more refined and eidel.

Pinky

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 8:38 am
amother wrote:
It all depends how chasidish you are. If your child comes from a belz viznitz type from bp and your only yiddishspeaking your child will have a culture shock as per my experience. It can work but your child will need academic help. The level is much much higher then in bp. And he will say things that are not in chasidish bp type. Not negative at all it's just different. The kids play more sport s. It's Lakewood so the difference is there. As well as the culture is different. Again. Not negative but different

Aha , my son is coming from a VERY chassidish cheider in bp, really want something more chassidish but the chassidish lakewood cheiderim dont even want to take my name , they all say no room!! 😩😩😩

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 8:41 am
Oy, that must be so hard. Darchai avoseinu is a great place. I know many people there.

You will need a tutor. How old is he? Young children learn quickly. If he's good socially he will learn.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 8:43 am
We need more chasidish chadarim here! They are all packed

Pinky

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 8:50 am
Yes its really tough!!
Do you think my son would have easier time in bais avruham or masoros uvos?

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 8:51 am
amother wrote:
I do find that Lakewood children are more refined and eidel.

Its all relative..
More aidel tham skvere/monroe
Very abrasive compared to OOT

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 8:53 am
Pinky wrote:
Aha , my son is coming from a VERY chassidish cheider in bp, really want something more chassidish but the chassidish lakewood cheiderim dont even want to take my name , they all say no room!! 😩😩😩

That's a shame . You sound like a good match for RachmaStrivka

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 9:04 am
I"m not sure any Lakewood chederaim are a real comparison to NY.
The boys speak English on the playground with each other.
They play ball in school and at home. Its different.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, May 28 2017, 8:04 pm
If your very chasidish then Talmud Torah I say better. mesoras avoseinu is great too. Tt is better for a you. But rachmistrIvke and skvere are much more your type. They take some people and some not. You have to be lucky.

I had connections in skvere and they wouldn't take me.

energybar

Post Mon, May 29 2017, 6:08 am
I send there and I am thrilled! I have a friend that moves from bp this year and got her 2 boys into 2 different schools... u can pm me. I can give u more info..
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children