Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
What Babies Want
Previous  1  2

gryp

Post Mon, Jun 11 2007, 9:18 am
Quote:
I went to therepy which helped me but sometimes I really do dislike my son. I don't know what is wrong with me. I do spend time with him. He is home with me all day (I also have my nine month old home). I don't know if there can be a change. I am trying so hard but there is something blocking.

Oh, I'm mixed up, I thought this was your baby.
Maybe a different therapist can help you more than the last one?

supermom

Post Mon, Jun 11 2007, 10:13 am
If you remember my father was nifter a little less then a month before my son was born. Because he has his name I felt as though I can't handle him. I was doing so well while I was in bereavement therepy but once I came out everything just crashed down on me.

My sil is only eighteen so nope she doesn't have anything more exciting by my in laws house. She was 'is' his mother. She took care of him with my husband for the first year. I just sat and refused to pick up a finger to take care of him. I have got to find a way of loving him but it is hard. Maybe it is best to just go back to therepy but don't know where. This place that I went was really a life saver.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jun 11 2007, 10:23 am
Oy I didn't know (wasn't on the site at that time, was just engaged in fact). Maybe I am weird, but didn't you feel the name could be too difficult for you before naming?
B'h I have not been through the same horror of losing a close relative, but people have told me it is a comfort to name after a deceased one (for example my dad named me after his mom and my grandfather named his children after his parents and young brother who died in Auschwitz, my great grandma named my grandma after her sister who died as a kid....).

gryp

Post Mon, Jun 11 2007, 11:24 am
Supermom, I feel that if you have something blocking you that you can't get past, and it's affecting one of your children, you need to get some good professional help.

Would it be terribly difficult to start looking for a good therapist?

supermom

Post Wed, Jun 13 2007, 4:59 am
This is my fourth time typing this out my computer keeps freezing.

Ruchel that is exactly what everyone tells me a comfort but as you see it was different.
My sil is not married and 18 so no toys or anything exciting happening in my in laws house or at my house.

Gr I went to my therepist again and she thought it was a good idea that we start up again. I found a place that could give me intense help. Meanwhile I am waiting for an answer they have to find someone that speak english and woman.

I assume stopping cold turkey with my therepist was a bad idea I needed to go slow.

whoami

Post Wed, Jun 13 2007, 2:14 pm
Love comes from giving. Thats why we love our babies so much - because all we do is give, give, give.
If you were so depressed the first year, it only makes sense.
Maybe you should try giving to him - hug him, kiss him, be gentle, play - even if you don't feel like it.
only good can come out of that.

gryp

Post Wed, Jun 13 2007, 3:51 pm
Supermom, good for you! Much hatzlacha and may your little boy be a comfort for you! Much Nachas from all your children.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics