Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Minneapolis Kollel information
1  2  Next

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Apr 19 2015, 2:27 pm
Hi! I read a thread on Minneapolis, and is sounds like a community we would enjoy! Do you know of the Kollel contact information? Are there any openings?
What are the criterias- as in is there a specific amount of guests per Shabbos meal and so on
What is the salary? Is there a tuition break, housing benefits and and so? Thanks

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, May 03 2015, 2:14 pm
Bump

amother
Tan

Post Sun, May 03 2015, 7:17 pm
Try contacting Rabbi Stern or Rabbi Gibber. They will have all your answers.
I live in minneapolis but am not part of the Kollel, but we are very close to the families that are. We love living here.

I think the website is www.mnkollel.org
Or something like that... Google it if im wrong.

FYI it is a lakewood Kollel.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, May 03 2015, 8:00 pm
Thanks! Do you u have their numbers?

amother
Tan

Post Sun, May 03 2015, 9:15 pm
I'd rather not post their numbers on a public forum, but if you do the "contact me" on the website, I believe it will go to Rabbi Stern. Otherwise just write that you would like to be in contact with him or Rabbi Fibber and they will get you the info.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, May 03 2015, 9:24 pm
I also live in and love Mpls Very Happy

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Mar 15 2016, 5:29 am
How much is tuition? How many kollel families are there?

shaimac1

Post Tue, Mar 15 2016, 1:22 pm
amother wrote:
How much is tuition? How many kollel families are there?

Not sure about Minneapolis and their Kollel but if your DH is looking to join a Kollel in a Midwestern Town that is growing check out South Bend, IN. (The Kollel is a Lakewood Style one). We are only 2 hour drive from Chicago, and about 12 hour drive from NY/Lakewood! B"H the community and the Kollel are growing! Also we have State Tuition Vouchers making tuition very very reasonable to almost FREE! Feel free to check out www.cdisouthbend.com or e-mail the director of CDI at michallgoldman@gmail.com or call her at 574-261-3051!

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Mar 15 2016, 2:06 pm
Im not looking into Southbend currently. Looking into Minneapolis. Thanks for that info tho.

shaimac1

Post Tue, Mar 15 2016, 2:09 pm
amother wrote:
Im not looking into Southbend currently. Looking into Minneapolis. Thanks for that info tho.

No problem if you have any questions feel free to PM me when you are!

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Mar 15 2016, 2:27 pm
Anyone from Minneapolis on here with info?

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Mar 15 2016, 3:22 pm
Yes, from Minneapolis. Sorry, I do not know the tuition costs at the school or the number of kollel families.

While not very helpful in answering your questions, I can tell you the community is incredible.

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Mar 15 2016, 3:44 pm
Sorry grasping at the straws. Is the community walking distance? How many cars do you need?

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Mar 15 2016, 5:15 pm
Minneapolis Community Kollel
Rabbi Gibber 9529263242

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Mar 15 2016, 5:17 pm
Kolleloffice@mnkollel.org

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Mar 15 2016, 5:35 pm
my husband was recently looking into it. They are anticipating having openings elul zman but they are in the process of hiring a new rosh chaburah first before the interview.
I believe the contact he spoke to was goldberger.

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Mar 16 2016, 10:17 am
Yes, walking distance to local kosher market. (It can get very cold here but the weather really is lovely so much of the time!) You'll definitely want a car and one really can be fine.

2 restaurants: 1 fleishig and 1 dairy
dairy donut shoppe
parve bread store
kosher bakery and sushi in grocery store

Feel is suburban. Many walking paths just outside the approximate 1 mile square eruv. Lovely lakes, bike paths, parks. Everything within a 20 minute drive, most often 5.

TA is K-8 school
Bais Yaakov
Yeshiva

Simchos are shared and felt throughout the community.

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Mar 17 2016, 9:47 pm
Wow this just popped up in my email- moving is a dream of ours that we would love to turn into a reality! Does anyone know if the kollel only accepts families where the husband learned in BMG? ( a lakewood kollel under the BMG) We are yeshivish however my husband did not learn in BMG and we are having difficulty getting in to an out of town kollel as most are looking for people from BMG/ fill up from BMG rebbeim reccomendations.

shaimac1

Post Fri, Mar 18 2016, 12:21 pm
amother wrote:
Wow this just popped up in my email- moving is a dream of ours that we would love to turn into a reality! Does anyone know if the kollel only accepts families where the husband learned in BMG? ( a lakewood kollel under the BMG) We are yeshivish however my husband did not learn in BMG and we are having difficulty getting in to an out of town kollel as most are looking for people from BMG/ fill up from BMG rebbeim reccomendations.

Hi! I live in a wonderful and growing OOT community called South Bend, IN and I know that our Kollel is a Lakewood Style Kollel, but my understanding is that the men coming in for the Kollel have learned in a bunch of places not just BMG! If you would like to learn more feel free to e-mail me directly at michallgoldman@gmail.com or call me anytime at 574-261-3051!

Thank so much and have an amazing Shabbos!

amother
Burgundy

Post Fri, Mar 18 2016, 5:21 pm
Delete
Not sure if this would be putting down so deleting as I realized this may reflect badly and should not deter others from trying.
If you don't know what I'm talking about don't worry! Those who read my previous post will understand.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating