Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
What can I save for next Pesach?

SRB

Post Sun, Apr 26 2015, 10:06 pm
I have boxed cake mixes, chocolate bars, shreaded coconut, pancake mix and spices left over from this year Pesach. Also my local grocery store has all Pesach foods marked down to a fraction of the price - if they would be good next year, I'd like to stock up. I would store things in my house in a closed cabinet.

What can I save for next Pesach?

What do you save?

TIA!

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Apr 26 2015, 10:07 pm
I've successfully saved closed packages of cocoa, sugar, potato starch, salt and oil from year to year.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 26 2015, 10:12 pm
Do you have room in your freezer for these things?

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Apr 26 2015, 10:18 pm
I saved potato starch, cinnamon, baking powder, cocoa, ground nuts -- this yr I put away klp paper towels and napkins. I'm sure the stores are not throwing out all the ground nuts and potato starch so it's fine to keep that. The open baking powder and cinnamon I put in a zip lock bag before storing. I have read that chocolate and spices that are left for a while get microscopic bugs but you can follow up on that to be sure.

imasinger

Post Sun, Apr 26 2015, 10:24 pm
Chocolate bars - use as wanted during the year.

Spices - I seal well and store in dark place. Some will say buy fresh. Potato starch, ditto. Unopened canned or bottled goods, store or use during the year.

Anything with nuts or matza meal, freeze in double ziplock. Ditto butter, other freezer goods.

Cake or pancake mixes, I don't buy. Homemade is better, cheaper, and just as easy.

SRB

Post Sun, Apr 26 2015, 10:56 pm
OP here - I only have room in my freezer for the small items like chocolate bars & butter but the boxes of cake mix are to large.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics