Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Exercise for the lazy. Your ideas?
1  2  Next

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, May 04 2015, 9:35 pm
I am super lazy about exercising. I decided I need to come up with a form of exercise that will be EASY so I have no excuses. One thought I had was to get an exercise bike that I can pull a small laptop table up to and go on imamother while I bike ;-) Any other ideas?

tichellady

Post Mon, May 04 2015, 10:16 pm
What do you like to do? Do you like to walk? Would you like group classes with friends? Do you want to elliptical while watching TV?

blossoming

Post Mon, May 04 2015, 10:33 pm
I'm also lazy, and I know from experiance that all the workouts from home never last, getting out of the house for a pilates class is the best. I lasted there much longer than my self exercise session from a DVD and exercise bike.

chani8

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 12:21 am
I love my exercise bike plopped in front of the computer, but I'm only able to watch youtubes or old tv shows while riding, certainly not able to type, and have to stop riding to set up what I'm planning to watch. Highly recommend it though.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 1:38 am
a treadmill, and a tablet to watch movie clips on. Or brisk walking/running outside while I listen to podcasts. (I do both depending on the weather or my mood)

DrMom

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 1:56 am
You can distract yourself (with TV, radio, etc.) while working out on some stationary machine, or select something really low-key (Tai Chi, etc.). But for the latter, you need to either get out of the house and attend a class, or buy a video/find a youtube workout.

I'd go for the former. Select some show you really like and reserve it exclusively for workout time.

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 3:19 am
I exercise on the elliptical machine and use my smartphone. I can type with no problem. I also read a book. I do hula hoop and also use my smart phone. No problem reading and looking things up on my smartphone while gyrating. I also use it for timing. When I plank, I read a book or a detailed article that can entertain me for a minute plus. Music and lectures are my friend when I do arm exercises and sit ups.

chani8

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 3:28 am
I was just googling around and came across a few articles that mention top three machines are the elliptical, treadmill, with the rowing machine trumping them both.

Maya

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 3:36 am
Google the 7 minute workout.

Lizzie4

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 4:16 am
Maybe find a friend to go walking with for an hour 3 times a week.

vintagebknyc

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 4:45 am
amother wrote:
I am super lazy about exercising. I decided I need to come up with a form of exercise that will be EASY so I have no excuses. One thought I had was to get an exercise bike that I can pull a small laptop table up to and go on imamother while I bike ;-) Any other ideas?

since I commute, I get off a stop or two early and walk the 10-20 blocks, or vice versa on my way back home

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 5:01 am
Maya wrote:
Google the 7 minute workout.

This isn't for OP. It is high intensity and makes the participant uncomfortable. They recommend repeating it 3 times. Plus if you look at some of those exercises, you have to be in good shape to begin with. She needs something sustainable.

BTW I am on my elliptical now.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 8:48 am
Squishy wrote:
I exercise on the elliptical machine and use my smartphone. I can type with no problem. I also read a book. I do hula hoop and also use my smart phone. No problem reading and looking things up on my smartphone while gyrating. I also use it for timing. When I plank, I read a book or a detailed article that can entertain me for a minute plus. Music and lectures are my friend when I do arm exercises and sit ups.

What kind of elliptical machine do you have? I'm looking into buying a small elliptical or treadmill but I have very limited space.

chani8

Post Tue, May 05 2015, 8:57 am
Squishy wrote:
This isn't for OP. It is high intensity and makes the participant uncomfortable. They recommend repeating it 3 times. Plus if you look at some of those exercises, you have to be in good shape to begin with. She needs something sustainable.

BTW I am on my elliptical now.

Oh come on. How do you do it?? You must be one of these people who can walk and text at the same time. I can't even sit and text on a smart phone, the screens are so small. I cannot make the mouse move correctly when I'm on my bike. What am I doing wrong?

blessedqueen

Post Fri, Jun 05 2015, 7:58 am
I tempt myself to get on the elliptical by knowing there will be a show I can download from computer and watch. especially motivating are the weight loss shows- I feel I am one of them. before being frum, I loved running outside. now, I hate being so dressed and head covered, so stay indoors. good luck!

dancingqueen

Post Fri, Jun 05 2015, 8:16 am
The trick is to find some type of exercise you enjoy. Get a trial membership at a gym and try some classes, hopefully something will click with you.

Dolly Welsh

Post Fri, Jun 05 2015, 8:38 am
Do your stretches in the shower.

Have a rubber mat so you won't slip. Installing grab bars is never a bad idea.

Stretch right in the shower, when you are loose from the heat of the hot water. Stretch as soon as you have finished your shower but without getting out.

Just one of everything. You ought to know a stretch routine. It is like taking inventory of your body.

Make it a personal rule to do your stretches after ever single shower, no exceptions. Over time this will give you a lot. You will be long, loose, and well aligned. You want your muscles long. They shorten, if you don't keep them long.

Study various stretch routines on You Tube and ask your friends.

Don't do anything that hurts. Ever. The feeling should be pleasant.

Be patient for a gradual improvement. Don't tear anything.

As the room is steamed up, quickly cream or oil your skin all over, trapping this moisture inside. As oil and water don't mix, a layer of cream or oil will be a barrier against this temporary moisture evaporating out of your skin.

debsey

Post Fri, Jun 05 2015, 12:08 pm
Hire a trainer. Nothing is an antidote to the "I don't want to work out" feeling like someone you've paid to come yell at you to work out! Plus my trainer both yells at me and is FUNNY, so I get half my workout from giggling......

shooting star

Post Fri, Jun 05 2015, 12:56 pm
Kegals.

Hey, it's exercise LOL

debsey

Post Sat, Jun 06 2015, 7:14 pm
shooting star wrote:
Kegals.

Hey, it's exercise LOL
And you can definitely do it while being on Imamother.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise