Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Anyone familiar with R' Yom Tov Glaser's seminar?

Mevater

Post Sat, May 09 2015, 10:46 pm
http://www.theyeshivaworld.com......html

Seminar is called "The Possible You" and sounds interesting but I think anyone considering an expensive Seminar would have to hear that its totally worth it.

ra_mom

Post Sat, May 09 2015, 10:58 pm
I was halfway through the video clip you posted, really enjoying it, and then it disappeared. Can you repost it?

Mevater

Post Sat, May 09 2015, 11:55 pm

Sure. I posted it anon before and for some reason the thread was removed.

vet techy

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 12:41 am
My friend took me to his seminar. It was very interesting but very intense 4 day.
I didn't think I came away with anything but my friend keeps telling me I am a changed person because of the seminar.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 1:54 am
Disappointing program. I know a lot of people who took it and saw no results afterwards. They mentioned it was a waste of time and money.

Mevater

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 8:01 am
amother wrote:
Disappointing program. I know a lot of people who took it and saw no results afterwards. They mentioned it was a waste of time and money.

At $650 you would think anyone considering it, would check it out very thoroughly before investing that kind of money. Sad.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 8:06 am
There's no follow up so people who opened up during the course have no support afterwards which is irresponsible. Also.... if you look on their website, you'll see no haskamas by any Rabbis.

silbergirl

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 9:18 am
It is totally not bad at all but its more geared towards the beginning/intermediate Anglo BT who is a little into Kabbala and inspiration. Nothing for people who went through a BY education.

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 9:17 pm
silbergirl wrote:
It is totally not bad at all but its more geared towards the beginning/intermediate Anglo BT who is a little into Kabbala and inspiration. Nothing for people who went through a BY education.

So who are they looking to attract in the heart of Boro Park?

silbergirl

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 11:23 am
BP is full with new BT or converts (as theyre moving there after being told by their rabbis you cant be jewish anywhere else in the world, except maybe Bnei Brak, Monsey or Yerushalayim. I am serious). And some FFB ladies may actually also enjoy a different perspective.

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, May 26 2015, 11:58 am
silbergirl wrote:

I am a FFB and I went. (To the one in Israel) The crowd was mostly young hopefully future BTs, some BTs and a few FFBs. There was only one other married person there. I was told that there are very different groups (some w/ more FFBs) and usually there are much more marrieds. I would have liked to have been in a group w/ more marrieds.

The reason I went: DH (also FFB) went as a bachur, loved it and really, really wanted me to go. We were having SB problems and I decided to go to this seminar hoping that it would help even though it's not at all my style. DH was so excited that I was willing to go (and pay the cost. I'm quite frugal) even though it meant shlepping on 2 buses, that in itself helped our marriage a lot. Over the seminar, I did learn helpful stuff. I did not have any life transformation, but I didn't expect to have one. I do understand DH much better. Our marriage b"H got much better and about 10 mos. later, our child was born! (I really think Hashem made me wait b/c he wanted our child to be born to a couple w/ SB and not to a couple who was fighting.)

Either way, I think it's for a certain personality type. People who like to get to know themselves. I'm not sure if I would recommend it for extreme trauma/abuse. I think more one-on-one is better for that.

What I would do is go to the free opening day (do they still have that?), scout out the crowd and see if you like his style before signing up. If he doesn't have a free opening day, then ask him if you could come and scout it out for the first few mins. (You can't really stay for a real session b/c people open up and I doubt he would want people who might not stay to be in the room.)

-Amother for obvious reasons.

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Mar 23 2018, 9:00 am
Anyone have a more current opinion on this? I'm considering trying it in the near future, and would love to hear more about it...

amother
Cyan

Post Fri, Mar 23 2018, 9:23 am
I know someone that went to his seminar twice and would go again. She claims every time she goes makes a difference. She's trying to push me to go but can't go at this time.

amother
Cyan

Post Fri, Mar 23 2018, 9:24 am
amother wrote:
I know someone that went to his seminar twice and would go again. She claims every time she goes makes a difference. She's trying to push me to go but can't go at this time.

And she's a married ffb
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics