Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Needlework and Sewing
Yarmulke Embroidery

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, May 10 2015, 11:43 pm
I am considering starting a small business in my home making custom embroidered yarmulkes. I assume it is fairly simple to learn how to make them. I was wondering if anyone here would know what kind of equipment and software I would need, where it is available for purchase, and approximately how much it would cost me.

TIA!

amother
Jade

Post Mon, May 11 2015, 12:14 am
A good quality embroidery machine plus software will run you between $5-10K.

Check out superstitch.com to get an idea of what's available. Most retailers offer installment plans.

You can find used machines if you know where to look, but they are difficult to work with because the software is old and the UI leaves a lot to be desired, especially when it comes to Hebrew.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Jan 15 2019, 11:26 am
Before you start any business you should write a business plan and see what the numbers look like. Go online and browse embroidered yarmulkes and see if you can compete with such prices, for example https://www.shtotty.com/judaic.....ipas/ the yarmulkes are only a few dollars, and they charged separately for embroidery.

Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Needlework and Sewing