Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Warning/Tips for vacation rentals in Israel

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, May 11 2015, 9:01 pm
Close relatives of mine are planning a short (less than 2 weeks) trip to Israel and want to rent an apartment.

They are dealing with a woman agent who speaks English. They are a bit worried about having a bad experience.

What would you recommend they beware of or make sure of before they pay and sign?

doctorima

Post Mon, May 11 2015, 9:05 pm
Get reviews/references of people who've stayed there before, if possible have somebody there go check out the place, if not ask for a number of detailed current pictures, review the contract carefully, and pay by credit card, preferably American Express (so you can dispute the charge if there's any problems).

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, May 11 2015, 9:13 pm
Thank you Doctor,

They have asked some ppl, but I guess they're the nervous types and want to know other people bad experiences too so they can be warned.

I think they were asked to pay half earlier anf half on arrival in cash... Fishy?

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, May 12 2015, 8:36 am
We were also asked to wire 50 percent of the money now and pay the remainder in cash. In the past when I dealt with a broker in the states I was able to give a check.

doctorima

Post Tue, May 12 2015, 10:11 am
What they're asking for is not unreasonable, a 50% deposit with the balance upon arrival. But it seems to be making you nervous. Can you say that you want to pay in full by Paypal, which you can pay using an American Express, to protect you in case there's a problem? Otherwise, you should try to get somebody to go see the place, or get references from people who've stayed there in the past. If you can't do either, at least ask for pictures. And if you're really nervous about it, then stay somewhere else.

choco1

Post Tue, May 12 2015, 2:20 pm
Most rentals here ask for 50%. Too many people cancel otherwise... (I personally don't have a rental but I've heard enough stories) some actually ask for the entire amount... 50% is definitely normal here.
Hope it goes well!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions