Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Camp clothing labels

cdawnr

Post Wed, Jun 13 2007, 11:21 am
Ok, another question which I didn't know where to put.

My ds (3) will be going to a "day camp" at the local Y in 2 weeks. I just got the packet and it said to make sure to label all clothes and swimwear, etc.

Is it best to do this with labels or just write our last name in permanant marker. I feel bad using a sharpe and then not being able to erase it if I pass the clothes on, but getting and dealing with labels seems like more work for me...

any thoughts

thanks

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jun 20 2007, 9:23 pm
I got labels printed up just with our last name and phone number. I use them for all our coats and sweaters, too; you'd be amazed at what walks away.

TzenaRena

Post Wed, Jun 20 2007, 9:29 pm
CM, where do you order those? I need some for overnight camp, and don't know where to get them.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jun 20 2007, 9:40 pm
maybe ig ot them from a mail order place, but the kiddie places on kington also make them up.

chen

Post Thu, Jun 21 2007, 10:07 am
do whatever works for you. people who get second-hand clothing are used to dealing with previously-labeled stuff. worst comes to worst, before you give s/t away, black out your name with laundry marker. It's easier than trying to remove an ironed-on label.

shopaholic

Post Thu, Jun 21 2007, 11:12 am
I got some years ago & still use them for all the kids jackets etc. It has our last name & phone #. The are sew-on, so someone told me to fold them in half & sew those 2 ends together onto the clothes. It's less sewing than going around the whole label. Google them & I'm sure you'll find a cheap place online.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 21 2007, 11:23 am
TzenaRena wrote:
CM, where do you order those? I need some for overnight camp, and don't know where to get them.

In Boro Park, "Sew Splendid" does it. But you can definitely order it online too.
And I always use the iron-on, its much easier and if you iron it well, it holds for years!!

TzenaRena

Post Thu, Jun 21 2007, 11:26 am
amother, where is Sew Splendid?

greenfire

Post Thu, Jun 21 2007, 11:31 am
hey last year some of the iron on labels came off after a couple of washes ... it is annoying and who wants to sit and sew ... not I ... dd just took a permanent marker on some stuff ... and I have gotten hand-me-downs with names and # - I consider it an autograph Wink

amother

Post Thu, Jun 21 2007, 11:39 am
TzenaRena wrote:
amother, where is Sew Splendid?

In B.P. on 13th Ave bet. 50 and 51. Also in Willi. on Lee Ave (not sure which street).

Quote:
hey last year some of the iron on labels came off after a couple of washes ... it is annoying and who wants to sit and sew ...

I am not convincing anyone to get the iron-on. I'm just saying that for me it worked. Maybe some are better than others and maybe its how well you iron it on, dont know. Some camps specifically say to use only sew-on bec. they're worried about them falling off.

momagain

Post Thu, Jun 21 2007, 12:04 pm
Tzena, Little People on Kingston also has them.

guesswho

Post Thu, Jun 21 2007, 2:57 pm
You can sew on the labels with a sewing machine. It is much quicker than done by hand.

MyKidsRQte

Post Fri, Jun 22 2007, 12:04 am
I use the Iron On Labels for all my stuff. It has my name and telephone number on it. For the most part, I have a ard time removing the labels, but sometimes they do fall off Sad

I've been buying them for years by Freund's in BP. They have 2 locatins in BP and one in Flatbush. the ones in BP are bet 12-13 & 47th, and 13th and 53rd

chavamom

Post Fri, Jun 22 2007, 1:07 am
Here you go: http://www.gilbin.com/

You can get them in about 2-3 business days if they send them next-day air (additional $15).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics