Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Discouraged with toilet training

amother

Post Wed, Jun 22 2005, 8:57 am
I started training my 2 1/2 yr old son last week. and it looked like he was ready. he made in the toilet a bunch of times a day but also had accidents a few times a day. now its been a week, and I wish I could say I see an improvement but I dont. he still has his first pish of the day in his underwear. and after that its about 50 % success rate. sometimes I wonder if I started too early and thats why he's having so many accidents but when I ask him if he wants his diaper back he says no he wants to be a big boy with underwear. when ever he comes to me to tell me he has to make and then does so successfully I feel good, like things are going well, and then when he has 4 accidents in a row I get very discouraged.
please tell me whats normal? is this normal to have so many accidents all the time? and how long does it take till the successes outweigh the accidents?
sometimes by the end of the day I just put him in a pullup or diaper to get a break from all the accidents. he goes through about 4 underwears a day, and I find myself doing tiny loads of laundry of just his underwear.
how long will this go on for?

proudmom

Post Wed, Jun 22 2005, 10:20 am
it takes a while to toilet train a child. They will make accidents. But dont put him in a diaper or pull up at the end of the day because you are confusing him. You have to be patience

proudmom

Post Thu, Jun 23 2005, 2:01 pm
I got an email today from babyzone.com about toilet training

http://www.babyzone.com/featur.....age=1
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training