Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Frustrated!!

amother
Red

Post Fri, May 22 2015, 7:48 am
So I was baking brownies for shavuos using all cold ingredients (Duncan Hines mix) with milchigs equipment. I accidentally mixed in cold water with my "fleishigs" measuring cup. I immediately called my husband and asked if that was ok and he said it was fine because everything was cold. I'm just frustrated because I normally would have just used my milchigs measuring cup but I wasn't thinking so I just grabbed my "fleishig" one. I know that I am frustrated for no good reason but I still feel bad that I didn't use my milchigs measuring cup in the first place. Sorry, just venting. I know I probably sound silly venting about something that is not an issue but I am a BT and I cried that first time I thought I treifed something when I first got married.

chani8

Post Fri, May 22 2015, 8:10 am
Reminds me when I was newly religious and threw away a bowl that my MIL used, a brand new bowl that I bought to use for fleshig, she used for cold dairy. Duh.

Now, with all these teens in my kitchen, I am just relieved to be able to snatch the dairy spoon that was used for chicken soup and throw it in a pile to be kashered later, before it gets just washed and put away treif. Ugh.

amother
Red

Post Fri, May 22 2015, 8:22 am
OP here: I remember when I first got married we moved into an apartment with 2 separate sinks. One morning I was spilling out old milk into the milchigs sink and saw a fleishigs knife in the sink. I started crying yelling at my husband to call our rav. My husband calmly explained that the milk was cold and it was no big deal. I had never heard about the cold/hot stuff before so I had no idea that because the milk was cold it was fine. I was ready to throw out the knife until my husband grabbed it out of my hands and put it back in the fleishigs draw with all the other fleishigs knives that are all identical. He knew I would not be able to pin point which knife it was now, lol.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen