Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Where are you this summer?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Mitzvahmom

Post Sun, Jun 17 2007, 8:12 pm
oh I forgot to add..

Entrance exam for nursing program..

Summer course... math woo hoo

possibly trip to NY and possibly a shabbos on the beach

bashinda

Post Sun, Jun 17 2007, 8:35 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
BasHinda, do you think you might get a car? Maybe that would be a good option for you at some point.

As far as the country, why not get a job in one of the camps? You'd have free babysitting, not have to cook or do laundry.

As far as DH, does he get any vacation time? Maybe he could come up Thursdays thorugh Mondays and the only have to scramble eggs one night, get pizza one night, and made macaroni and cheese from the box on anotehr night. Or make a sandwich, or get the kind of food that doesn'tn eed cooking like bagels and yogurt.

Car is $$. And they get broken into and tires get slashed. we barely go out enough. The truth is though I'd go less stir crazy if we did have a car but I don't think it's happening any time soon.

I think if I did go somewhere it would have to be with DH. Which is why I think maybe a week tops but I don't think I want to go to the country. Also even if I wanted aren't all the bungalows taken by now? I'm also worried that I'd be bored stiff.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jun 17 2007, 9:58 pm
BasHinda, you will enjoy the country when your kids can enjoy it....maybe by then your husband will be able to take a whole month off !

miriamnechama

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 2:22 am
well I'm going now to london for a chasuna so after that I'm staing home... well besides for the fact tha the tickets cost a bomb and we don't really have extra afterwards. my big boy will get his vacation in uman on rosh hashana ok it's not a vacation for dh but formy son well it is you know a plane etc. well just dh and I are going now to london. and of course now we have the added expense also of uman and of a new washing machine cuz ours died bde, so I really can't afford any extra's now.

well whatever everyone is doing have a good vacation.

ps my son's cheder learns until tisha beav... so it leaves them with 3 weeks only and then later of course succos vacation.

btw we do our vacation trips over chol hamoed succos and pesach cuz that's when dh has off he works.

sarahd

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 6:44 am
bashinda wrote:
I think if I did go somewhere it would have to be with DH. Which is why I think maybe a week tops but I don't think I want to go to the country. Also even if I wanted aren't all the bungalows taken by now? I'm also worried that I'd be bored stiff.

Why not someplace like New Hampshire? My sister spent a week there a few years ago - I think she rented a bungalow - and it was relaxing, but they also were able to go on day-trips. Maybe you could rent a car for the week to bring you up there and take you around.

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 11:19 am
suomynona wrote:
Home. My job is 12 months a year. Summer isn't any different from the rest of the year.

Ditto. I get a little annoyed when people ask me what plans I have for the summer. . . DH and I both have jobs. . .

gryp

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 11:25 am
Home and small trips to visit family.

Sarahd, do you know the exact info where your sister stayed? I wanted to do that somewhere in New England but wasn't successful at finding a place. Or did she go to that Chaseedishe lodge in NH- I can't remember the city it's in, but I've been there once.

greenfire

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 11:30 am
GR - it is Bethlehem ... I have been there ... way back in another lifetime ...

gryp

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 11:39 am
Oh right, thanx. Smile I remember now we called it Beis Lechem.

Gela

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 1:38 pm
Are you refering to the Arlington Hotel in Bethlehem, New Hampshire?

Also, where does everyone stay in the Catskills?

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 2:18 pm
Defy, maybe they want to hear about a vacation; long weekends, etc.

greenfire

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 4:01 pm
yup yup, it looks just like the catskills ... only more secluded ... very chassidish ... we were the only yeshivish looking ones there ... but the scenery is stunning ... dxh father lived in New Hampshire back then ...

happymom

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 4:33 pm
Quote:
This year, dd is too young to be left with my parents.

that is very thoughtful of you! ure a good mom:)

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 5:39 pm
happymom wrote:
Quote:
This year, dd is too young to be left with my parents.

that is very thoughtful of you! ure a good mom:)

Honestly I have hesitated, but I don't think I would have enjoyed the honeymoon fully knowing that I left a 6 months old for 2 or 3 weeks. Next year I suppose it will be ok.

tweety99

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 5:43 pm
switzerland...

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 5:53 pm
tweety99 wrote:
switzerland...

where?

amother

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 10:29 pm
We are going to camp Morris. My husband knows loads of people, but I don't know anyone that is going the same half as I am.

sarahd

Post Tue, Jun 19 2007, 5:06 am
GR wrote:
Sarahd, do you know the exact info where your sister stayed? I wanted to do that somewhere in New England but wasn't successful at finding a place. Or did she go to that Chaseedishe lodge in NH- I can't remember the city it's in, but I've been there once.

I can try to find out from her next time I speak to her.

Gela

Post Tue, Jun 19 2007, 5:24 am
The chassidshe lodge is called the Arlington Hotel, it's in Bethlehem, New Hampshire. I've been there years ago. Just recently there was an article in the paper that a friend sent me:

http://www.boston.com/news/loc.....ning/

binah918

Post Tue, Jun 19 2007, 5:54 am
DH and I both work. We'll take small trips for Shabbos: Tzfat, Yerushalayim... We're really trying to arrange our schedules so we can take a trip to Europe for a week. We haven't decided where yet...depends on what's cheap when we buy tix.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics