Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Where can I buy a bunk bed?
1  2  Next

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Jun 03 2015, 8:09 am
Any ideas of where to buy a cheapish but decent bunk bed for two little boys? Preferably, a shortish one, because the ceiling is not so high. Also, preferably easy to put together. Any help would be appreciated. thanks!

seeker

Post Wed, Jun 03 2015, 8:25 am
Ikea?

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Jun 03 2015, 9:05 am
seeker wrote:
Ikea?

It's an option, but usually really hard to put together

seeker

Post Wed, Jun 03 2015, 9:10 am
I never had problems with my ikea assembly but ok, I just consider them for cheapish and decent. Good luck!

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Jun 03 2015, 9:53 am
seeker wrote:
I never had problems with my ikea assembly but ok, I just consider them for cheapish and decent. Good luck!

Thanks! Anyone else?

kollel wife

Post Wed, Jun 03 2015, 9:56 am
From Ikea are you getting mattresses as well - as you'd have to figure that into the cost?

I got bunk beds (with mattresses) for a good price at Piccolino in Lakewood.
A simple one - not very fancy.

be good

Post Wed, Jun 03 2015, 10:12 am
Highly recommend our IKEA Kura bed. its very low, because the lower mattress is directly on the floor. I also wall papered the panels to match my kids' room so it looks really cute. (it can be a loft bed instead if you don't put a lower mattress in, and it also works upside down as a canopy bed.)

I didn't have any trouble putting it together- aside from bending low down to do the lowest screws and pushing it into place when assembled, I needed DH to help me with that because I was pregnant.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/cata.....3814/

syrima

Post Wed, Jun 03 2015, 10:33 am
another vote 4 IKEA, you can get help to assemble if you need and it is still worth it.
this one is nice and low:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/cata.....2451/

lfab

Post Wed, Jun 03 2015, 11:31 am
Don't know where you are located but we got ours from Piccolino in Lakewood. The bed is very nice and sturdy, the price was good and customer service was great! Our bed came with a broken ladder but we didn't realize until months later (when we first got the bed we were not using the top so never opened the box). Eventhough so much time had elapsed since out purchase they replaced it for us with no problem.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 03 2015, 1:35 pm
What is your price range? What size mattresses?
I would suggest hatzlacha furniture for something nice and standard with good pricing that includes mattresses, delivery and assembly. They deliver throughout Brooklyn from Williamsburg, possible to other areas as well. Can be ordered over the phone.

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Jun 03 2015, 1:59 pm
kollel wife wrote:
From Ikea are you getting mattresses as well - as you'd have to figure that into the cost?

I got bunk beds (with mattresses) for a good price at Piccolino in Lakewood.
A simple one - not very fancy.

Howmuch including mattresses?

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Jun 03 2015, 2:00 pm
be good wrote:
Highly recommend our IKEA Kura bed. its very low, because the lower mattress is directly on the floor. I also wall papered the panels to match my kids' room so it looks really cute. (it can be a loft bed instead if you don't put a lower mattress in, and it also works upside down as a canopy bed.)

I didn't have any trouble putting it together- aside from bending low down to do the lowest screws and pushing it into place when assembled, I needed DH to help me with that because I was pregnant.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/cata.....3814/

Don worry, dh will be doing the whole thing, lol. I just dont want it to be hard on him.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 03 2015, 2:03 pm
Slightly off topic... I see that Ikea sells pull out twin size bed for under a bunk bed. Does anyone know where I can find something like this in 33"? I have only seen full hi riser sets.
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/cata.....7991/

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Jun 03 2015, 2:10 pm
ra_mom wrote:
What is your price range? What size mattresses?
I would suggest hatzlacha furniture for something nice and standard with good pricing that includes mattresses, delivery and assembly. They deliver throughout Brooklyn from Williamsburg, possible to other areas as well. Can be ordered over the phone.

I dont really have a price range because I dont know how much these things cost.if its possible, less than $400 including mattresses. I am assuming 39" mattresses if that is standard size.

It is for a house in upstate ny, so I doubt anyone will deliver there.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jun 03 2015, 2:24 pm
For $400 you would have to go with ikea

srbmom

Post Wed, Jun 03 2015, 2:47 pm
Quote:

Highly recommend our IKEA Kura bed.

Third vote for Ikea

We also have the Kura and have been extremely happy with it

iluvy

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 10:11 am
Walmart! Tons of selection, most ship free. Some are on Amazon for cheaper.

e.g.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Main.....63913

Iymnok

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 11:31 am
We have used (in Israel) why not try Craig's List? Their kids didn't like it anymore, so we got a wooden bunk bed in perfect condition.

miri15

Post Mon, Jun 08 2015, 12:04 pm
Definitely go with IKEA because aside of their pricing the colors are consistent with other pieces so if you later want to add accent furniture it won't be a problem matching them up.

L K

Post Mon, Aug 14 2017, 5:54 pm
srbmom wrote:
Quote:

Highly recommend our IKEA Kura bed.

Third vote for Ikea

We also have the Kura and have been extremely happy with it

How do you mop the floor around it?
Can you use regular twin mattress for the top?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics