Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Paris,London or Amsterdam with kids?

amother

Post Sun, Jun 17 2007, 3:23 pm
We want to spend 2-3 days in a European city as a stop-over on the way to Tel Aviv.
Which city you think will be interesting for kids ages 7 & 9?
What is there to do in those cities?
TIA

Ruchel

Post Sun, Jun 17 2007, 3:54 pm
I would think either Paris or London.
London can be hard in summer (when do you go?), Paris in August is a dream... less pollution, less noise, less Parisians LOL joking of course

If you choose Paris, bring your kids to "La cité des sciences" and ask for the kids' area, "la cité des enfants". One is 3-5 years and the other 5-12 years. It was my fav outing as a kid, and I tried to pass for younger when I was above 12 LOL I went almost each week.
http://www.cite-sciences.fr/fr.....s.htm

Ruchel

Post Sun, Jun 17 2007, 3:55 pm
english http://www.cite-sciences.fr/en.....x.htm

amother

Post Sun, Jun 17 2007, 3:58 pm
In Paris also, you can go to Disneyland... don't know where you come from and how interesting it would be for your kids...

Ruchel

Post Sun, Jun 17 2007, 4:08 pm
OH MY, of course Disney. This is what happens when you take something for granted... I went there like once a month as a teenager. I live very, very, very close. I see the fireworks from my garden, can you imagine? lol
If you go there, we could go with you Wink

Raisin

Post Sun, Jun 17 2007, 5:20 pm
You will have an easier time food wise in Paris or London. Why is London hard in summer? It can be hot, but no hotter than Paris, I imagine. London has some great kids museums - the Science museum is great and it's free. (lots of london museums are totally free) Also the Museum of childhood in Bethnal Green is really fun.

There is also Legoland in Windsor (if you can afford it).

You can also do all the london-y stuff - changing of the guards, madame tussauds (long long lines) The London Eye. (giant ferris wheel)

There is really lots of other stuff to do.

If you go in July lots of the schools have not finished yet so those place won't be so busy.

If you stay in Golders Green you will be near lots of Kosher resturants and shops and I think there are even kosher hotels.

hila

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 1:02 am
We took 2 kids 2 years ago to London - they loved it (they were 0 and 14 at the time).
We stayed in GG and went in to the city every day.
Madam Tussauds, London Eye, tower of London. And then we went to Harrods one rainy day. I think we spent almost a whole morning in the toy department. It was amazing. We also went to Buckingham Palace and saw the changing of the guards.

I had not been back to England for 18 years, so it was fun for me and my American DH too.

Food and restaurants are expensive. If you have a London Kosher Guide you can manage with food in the supermarkets. But there is takeout in Golders Green and area.

My Dh and son walked around in Kipot and tsitsit out and did not feel any antisemitism, though we had been warned about it. Peopel were helpful and friendly when they saw us looking at maps. I even managed to drive on the left as we spent acpuple of days outside London - in an amazing farmhouse cottage.

Enjoy

miriamnechama

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 2:46 am
London you have all the london attractions, like chganging of the gqurds madame tussauads parliament etc then you have attractions like lego land thorpe park, woburn safari park, whipsnade zoo, chesington wourld of safari etc and you have graet mueseums like the science museun, which have a place for kids etc.

I would also recommend Holland cuz there is what to do there. Holland is flat low land so there is place for bik riding. then you have cheese making places and you have on the streets these old fashioned accordionms also a musian of it. they play music alot. You also have the towns where the women dress in the orriginal dutch clothing and you can see them selling herring that you eat while holdong by the tail. In amsterdan you have the persian shull which survide ww2 and is lit with candles only it is beatiful. then you have the anne frank museum as well. and thre are kosher restaurants in amsterdam and a kosher shop so food isn't a problem.

you also have the famous theme park called the efteling that is like disney land and had charactors of fairy tales there it's amazing I was there. you also have madurodam that is holland built in tiny. also stunning and last but not leasyt that I really remince about is UTRECHT. you see my familly is dutch and used to live I utrecht, my grandparents were shlichim there and my grandmother wasthe mik attendent there. anyways utrecht is beautiful for it's canals and boats that you can have big boat rides. I think also in amsterdam. you alsoo see house boats there. though unfortuaanately the kosher bakery that my uncler ran it was in the familly father to son closed down since the both passed away bde. but you can still get kosher food ther because there is a small kehilla there. want more details pm me or email me miriamteicher@gmail.com.

that's what I have to offer.

btw I'yh when I go back to holland to see my fam the first thing I will do is go to my grandparents kevarim, they were my mother's parents and seeing that my mother isn't alive I feel it's the right thing also if I would have to make a stop over on the way to ny it'll only be england or holland simply cuz I have familly in both places.

whatever you decide you should enjoy it and it should be with hatzlacha.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 8:32 am
I sooo want to go to London now... will have to wait though, I go for the sales LOL
kosher in Paris http://www.123cacher.com/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics