Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Needlework and Sewing
Sewing mishaps

yo'ma

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 4:35 pm
I fixed a huge rip in my sheets and even though I double checked to see if I was fixing it on the right side, I did it on the wrong side. I used a piece of iron on interfacing and it was a white piece on black. That's all they had in the store. Bh, it was black, like I said, and solid because now the sheet is on the bed upside down Smile . You could only tell in the corners and I don't care.

This is not really mine, but I "suffered" because of it. I was making myself a dress with two full layer skirts. One of my lovely younger sisters cut the fabric before I had a chance to do it, so I had much less fabric to work with. My smart mother suggested I make the bottom layer straight and it looked great Very Happy .

This one is not mine. My brother wanted to learn how to sew and the first and only thing he tried to make was a mens button down shirt. It didn't come out so badly, but he used permanent marker to mark everything Confused .

I'm sure I have others especially like, I thought this would look good and it didn't Rolling Eyes .

Have any? Very Happy

shanie5

Post Wed, Jun 17 2015, 8:46 pm
I made myself a really nice shabbos outfit. The last thing I did was open the button holes using a seam ripper. Well, on the top button hole I was careless and the seam ripper went through the stitching and cut a nice way into the top of the outfit.
First I sat and cried. Then I cut out a flower from the extra fabric and embroidered it over the hole. It looked good B"H.

My friend made a dress from a pattern. When she was finished, the dress was beautiful, but there were leftover pieces she cut out-she never did figure out where she goofed up.

little_mage

Post Wed, Jun 17 2015, 9:29 pm
I can not count the number of times I have caught the other parts of the fabric in the seam.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jun 17 2015, 10:16 pm
I enjoy doing hand mending and embroidery. I cannot tell you how many times I have sewn my project to my skirt!!!! Mad

Sometimes I'll sit down and do an hour or so worth's of work, and it will come out amazing. Perfect even stitches, great blends of color, etc. Then I go to stand up, and I'm wearing it. Confused Now I'm standing there thinking… what do I destroy, all the hard work I just did, or the skirt that I wear all the time and love? If I have to pick out the stitches, I'm miserable. If I cut out a hole in my skirt, I have to buy a new one.

AAAAAARGH!!! I do this SO often!!!!! You'd think I'd learn to use some kind of lap board or something. I've tried, but it just seems to get in my way.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Needlework and Sewing