Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Have any of your Tefilos been answered?
1  2  3  Next

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Jun 17 2015, 9:33 pm
Have any of your Tefillos been answered?

I can say that I davened to Hashem to get remarried and I did.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Jun 17 2015, 9:50 pm
Some of my Tefillos were answered such as for parnassah. The prayers for my children to get married were not answered

Tapuzi

Post Wed, Jun 17 2015, 9:51 pm
Sure, they've been answered. But sometimes the answer is "no".

Tapuzi

Post Wed, Jun 17 2015, 9:52 pm
Sure, they've been answered. But sometimes the answer is "no".

workaholicmama

Post Wed, Jun 17 2015, 9:53 pm
We keep on telling the kids that if we didn't get what we Davened for, we should consider that Hashem said no to this particular request!
That said, we do have some things we were davening for that did happen, others we still don't see....

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Jun 17 2015, 10:01 pm
Yes I prayed to get married and have kids. And I did B"h with two babies, yet my prayers were answered in a twisted way.. Turns out my husband has been cheating on me throughout our entire marriage while both our kids have very spirited personalities (trying to describe them in a positive way). Kinda feels unfair :-(

mommy3b2c

Post Wed, Jun 17 2015, 10:03 pm
Yes, bh. I feel like Hashem constantly answers all my prayers.

sourstix

Post Wed, Jun 17 2015, 10:03 pm
its so painful to get a 'no' when all you want is your kids to get married or your child to be frum. something that hashem also wants. but hashem has his hiden ways. and to know that he does whats good for us not necessarily whats pleasant. or that which we understand. there is an inspirational story that I heard a couple of months ago about a chasidish skvere family that lives in brooklyn and the father of the family told the story to the guy who gives out the pamphlets in beis medrash every erev shabbos, it has a dvar torah and inspiring things with some ads. some of it is in yiddish. know which paper I mean? so the father said that his young toddler was jumping on the dining room table and out of nowhere he jumped off. a few seconds later the chandelier fell on the spot where the child was, and smashed the table to smithereens. a short while later the father walked in and saw what happened and the mother told the father what happened. and chasdei hashem that the child went off at the exact time. it was just another way to say, look what hashem does for us. he watches over us all the time but we dont realize it. just cause nothing happened to you doesnt mean he didnt watch over us. hashem does chesed with us all the time. and another thing, is that had the child not been there he said I would be upset my table and chandelier got ruined. but now my child was saved. how can I not be grateful? hashem watches and we dont realize it. so he has a plan, but we just dont know what it is. there is a saying that pp say that hashem should grant us wisdom to understand that we dont understand, that hashem knowwhat hes doing, give in some trust in him. this was just so I can strengthen my emunah. I need it so badly. anyone have inspiring stuff to add, please do so.

sourstix

Post Wed, Jun 17 2015, 10:08 pm
I wonder if I heard wrong. that a person is allowed to daven for things. but should also daven that hashem should give us what is good for us. and also to tell hashem 'al tivieini lidei nisayon'. we can say that too. in fact its right after birchas hatora. so I dont know if its that straight forward.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jun 17 2015, 10:10 pm
Rabbi Brody (Breslov) has many wonderful books on this subject.

I'm constantly working on myself, that I should see the good in all answers, whether they are yes or no. If the answer is "no", then I need to understand that whatever I was davening for is not good for me to have, and that there is a lesson that I need to learn from that. It's hard, SO HARD, to internalize, but I'm not going to have a happy life until I can really grasp this concept.

B'H, I've had a hundred thousand miracles and "yes's" in my life, and more every single day. My biggest one is DD, who just became bas mitzvah. I have so much to be grateful for. Very Happy

Now if we could just (please G-d) make Aliyah as soon as we are supposed to get there. I'm getting impatient!

zaq

Post Wed, Jun 17 2015, 10:26 pm
[quote="sourstix"]I wonder if I heard wrong. that a person is allowed to daven for things. but should also daven that hashem should give us what is good for us.

why would you think this is wrong? I try as much as possible to couch my requests in a way that won't bite me in the nose. I never asked to marry a specific person, but to be sent the right person at the right time. I never asked for a specific gender, but for a healthy child. I never asked to get a specific job, but to have a good parnassah. If I ask for something semi-specific, I always add "if that's the right thing for us at this time." Most of the time I don't even delineate any requests but just ask for a sort of general "Let everything be OK in all areas". I call it the "general duty clause".

Why? Well, there were all the fairy tales I read about people getting three wishes from an evil djinn and getting what they asked for but not the way they expected. For example, you can say "I wish I didn't have to go to work every day" meaning you wish you were rich and didn't need to work for a living. Your wish is granted--you get fired, so you no longer have to go to work. Not exactly what you intended.

And then there was my friend who told me about her friend who davened to marry a certain person. A year later she was standing in the same spot davening to be granted a divorce from this same person. Moral of the story, be careful what you ask for and how you ask for it.

zaq

Post Wed, Jun 17 2015, 10:27 pm
amother wrote:
Some of my Tefillos were answered such as for parnassah. The prayers for my children to get married were not answered

Yet.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jun 17 2015, 10:31 pm
Well, I've heard that you aren't supposed to daven for a particular Shidduch (or you may get what you asked for and regret it). You are rather supposed to daven that you get the Shidduch that is best for you.

In terms of Tefillos being answered, yes. I davened very, very much for a 3rd child, and I was answered (and she is worth every one of those tears).

I sometimes wonder if I haven't had a 4th because I haven't davened hard enough. That makes me feel bad. I admit I don't have the same intensity now, not for lack of wanting it. It's just hard to get there. Not sure why. Tefillah is a real Avodah, not easy.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Jun 17 2015, 11:03 pm
Chayalle wrote:

I sometimes wonder if I haven't had a 4th because I haven't davened hard enough. That makes me feel bad. I admit I don't have the same intensity now, not for lack of wanting it. It's just hard to get there. Not sure why. Tefillah is a real Avodah, not easy.

I've wondered about this type of thing as well.

My friend was very sick, and I would davening and davening that she should live. Somewhere along the line, the intensity lowered and I began to davening that whatever is best should happen, and that I have emunah that if she dies it is the right thing.

I felt such a loss with that, almost like it had given up. When I was in Israel and a young person from my community was very ill, we all stormed the heavens, and the night of our communal tefillah at the kotel, she had a full-fledged miracle that let her live and had her taken off a transplant list overnight. We didn't say, "If it is your will..."

Though I guess there's a difference between life or death and getting a specific option that may or may not be best in the end, it's still a balance I struggle with: when does acceptance slide into giving up on using the full strength of tefillah? Does the balance shift as we get older?

miami85

Post Thu, Jun 18 2015, 12:56 am
I can definitely say a resounding YES! The answer may take a few years to pan out, I'm currently experiencing Hashem answering my tefillos and I haven't even received the full yeshua yet, but there are SO many signs of Hashem's handiwork that it's a little bit scary. It's not even the first time I've seen it so clearly, it happened during the time I met and married my husband as well.

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Jun 18 2015, 1:14 am
A resounding no. I hve asked hashem for many things in my adult life. I have not had an easy life (not that we are supposed to) and many times hashem's answer to me is no. This has made me very angry at g-d many times. I dont want an easy life but a not hard one would be lovely. Sometimes it feels like hashem just always says no to me and to others he says yes much more frequently.
I have a confusing relationship with g-d. because of all of this.

Debbie

Post Thu, Jun 18 2015, 8:35 am
All of my tefillos have been answered but sometimes the answer has been 'no.'

sneakermom

Post Thu, Jun 18 2015, 8:59 am
I don't see it so concretely. When I daven I am trying to connect to Hashem. Very often I feel tuned out and resuming that connection is my goal.

Yes I also need things from Hashem. But my focus is believing that he is with me and that we are on the same page. Not chasv'shalom that I am working hard towards something and I don't want him to mess it up. More that we are working on being more in sync.

When I get something I was waiting for, davening for, I don't necessarily attribute it to my tefilos but rather that Hashem for whatever reason has blessed us. And I am grateful.

I don't know why things turn out the way they do. I just try to do my part and have faith that G-d will do his.

Meaning it's not tit for tat. It's accepting what I have. Working to maintain the closeness and do good. And leave the rest in a Hashem's hands.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Jun 18 2015, 9:10 am
After trying for 3 years and running around to Drs thinking I might never be able to have a child of my own, we conceived our beautiful DS, naturally, by surprise!!
And after 1.5 years we were surprised again to find out I'm expecting again! Thia time with a twist as we are told by Drs that the baby might have some health issues and might need surgery after birth. So we're davening to hashem that all should be good.
He always answers our tefillahs, sometimes it's not exactly how we planned but we know its for the best.
We don't know the master plan!

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Jun 18 2015, 9:13 am
I recently had a situation which matches what a lot of you are saying. Someone offered to watch our kids for a few days, giving us an unexpected, badly needed vacation. Our marriage has been going through a rough patch and I was really hoping that this would help us get past it. Only problem, I was expecting to get my period the day before we were leaving, but this was the only time that worked for the other person.

I was so focused on not getting my period, because we really needed the extra closeness that not being a niddah would give us. I davened very hard to not get my period, B"H I did not get it until the vacation was over and we had a wonderful time together. Unfortunately, things went back to normal pretty quickly and we lost whatever we gained.

I should have spent more time davening that this vacation help our marriage in a lasting way, and let Hashem worry about whether or not getting my period was going to make a big difference.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational