Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Dr. henry hasson ped neurologist
Previous  1  2

unexpected

Post Wed, Aug 08 2018, 7:29 am
If you suspect your child has ADHD, Dr Hasson will put him in front of a computer for 15 minutes and come back to you with a positive diagnosis. I went to him with my son and we had about 5 minutes of face time with him before he offered medication. (My son did not in fact have adhd). Also, the office is not up front about the cost of the computer test, they only tell you about it once you are in his office, which is really dishonest. Most drs (and even the company that produces it!) will tell you that the computerized test is effective for ruling out adhd but is not enough for diagnostics.
If you want a real evaluation, go to counterforce. Taking care of learning problems costs money and takes real parental involvement and presence. Dr Hasson told me that there is nothing that will help besides for medication.

amother
Red

Post Wed, Aug 08 2018, 11:48 am
unexpected wrote:
If you suspect your child has ADHD, Dr Hasson will put him in front of a computer for 15 minutes and come back to you with a positive diagnosis. I went to him with my son and we had about 5 minutes of face time with him before he offered medication. (My son did not in fact have adhd). Also, the office is not up front about the cost of the computer test, they only tell you about it once you are in his office, which is really dishonest. Most drs (and even the company that produces it!) will tell you that the computerized test is effective for ruling out adhd but is not enough for diagnostics.
If you want a real evaluation, go to counterforce. Taking care of learning problems costs money and takes real parental involvement and presence. Dr Hasson told me that there is nothing that will help besides for medication.

I'm one of the secretaries for a psychologist in Lakewood (Dr. Koslowitz) When people call and ask just for that test, she gets very upset. She says that there are 300 conditions that will look like ADHD in front of a test like that. For example, if a child is anxious, and they're forced to sit in front of that test, they'll fail it (and look ADHD) but they're not. She uses that test as one of more than 20 other tests before she makes any diagnosis at all!

She gets very upset about it in the office if a principal calls and insists that the kid just needs that computer test and nothing else. It's not considered best practices in psychology to diagnose based just on a test and some forms the parent fills out.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Aug 08 2018, 12:04 pm
I work in a special ed school.
A lot of my students are evaluated by him and I do feel he is pretty accurate.

oneofakind

Post Wed, Aug 08 2018, 2:27 pm
Yes but these kids are already in a special ed school. If he would test kids in a regular class the results would be even less accurate.

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Aug 08 2018, 2:51 pm
unexpected wrote:

We just took a child there this week and had the opposite experience.

-The secretary notified us of the cost before we made the appointment
-Based on the results, he noted elevated impulsivity but ruled out ADHD
-He said "I do not recommend medication."
-He suggested following up with neuropsych testing to evaluate for processing issues

To me this was an excellent first step to take before investing in lengthier and costlier testing.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics