Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Lakewood / deal NJ

amother

Post Tue, Jun 19 2007, 10:49 am
does anyone know of any restaurants or pizza stores in lakewood or in deal, nj? I am going on vacation to tinton falls and wanted to find a place to eat - it's nearby to lakewood and to deal.

also, this may sound silly to lakewood residents, but...where can I find the lake in lakewood...

posting anon so that I don't give myself away Wink

suomynona

Post Tue, Jun 19 2007, 11:17 am
there are lots of places to eat in both cities. I think Tinton falls is closer to Deal, no? What's there anyway? I've never heard of anyone going there for vacation.

In Lakewood, to get to the lake, you drive down Rt 9/Madison Ave (the main street in Lkwd) going south. You will pass by all the numbered streets going backwards and about 2 blocks after 1st St, the lake is on your right side.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 19 2007, 12:07 pm
tinton falls is where I found a nice hotel at reasonable price, that's how we ended up there. I am sure that there are a lot of restaurants and pizza stores in lakewood and deal, but not sure how I can get a listing of them, so I came here... Smile

suomynona

Post Tue, Jun 19 2007, 12:45 pm
I understand, but there are just too many to list, I wouldn't know where to start. I think in Deal, the main St that has the restaurants and stores is called Norwood avenue. I'm not really too familiar with individual places.

In Lakewood there are places all over, but a good place to start is Clifton Ave (between 2nd and 4th streets) which is the main Jewish shopping area. Clifton is parallel to Madison/Rt. 9 which I mentioned above. There's a Pizza shop on 4th St. near Clifton and Bagel nosh is on Clifton near 4th, and there are also other places in those few blocks.

Hope that helps.

atlastamom

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 10:55 am
check out this website:
http://shamash.org/kosher/search.php

amother

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 7:55 pm
What about places to shop for clothing at great prices? Are there any in Lakewood? What about places to buy snacks like Bissli/Supersnacks? Or am I better off paying the price to get into NY and shop in Brooklyn?

amother

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 8:09 pm
Lakewood has the co-op which is the cheapest around for any kosher food items. Food is definitely cheaper in Lakewood. Clothing, it depends what you are looking for. For real tznius things they have for more funky clothing there is Daniella's but she is rather pricey and it is definitely cheaper in Brooklyn. As far as restaurants, there is J2 pizza which is great they just opened up a huge new store, it is in the shoprite plaza which is the corner of Kennedy and Route 9. For pizza there is one on fourth street between clifton and lexington. There are also great restaurants like Esexx on Coney opened up there plus a few more. Right when you get into lakewood on Squankum there is Four corners, a bagel/pizza store. Deal has a chinees store and also dougies. There is so much information that I can give you, I could go on and on. If you want more please give me an e-mail address to e-mail you.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 12:55 pm
amother wrote:
Lakewood has the co-op which is the cheapest around for any kosher food items. Food is definitely cheaper in Lakewood. Clothing, it depends what you are looking for. For real tznius things they have for more funky clothing there is Daniella's but she is rather pricey and it is definitely cheaper in Brooklyn. As far as restaurants, there is J2 pizza which is great they just opened up a huge new store, it is in the shoprite plaza which is the corner of Kennedy and Route 9. For pizza there is one on fourth street between clifton and lexington. There are also great restaurants like Esexx on Coney opened up there plus a few more. Right when you get into lakewood on Squankum there is Four corners, a bagel/pizza store. Deal has a chinees store and also dougies. There is so much information that I can give you, I could go on and on. If you want more please give me an e-mail address to e-mail you.

Please email info to: nps830@yahoo.com
1. clothing I am looking for real tznius things for shabbos for teens and almost teen, nice, but not pricey
2. a place to buy socks for school
3. a place to buy shabbos robes and snoods
4. for food I guess we will go to the co-op if anyone is allowed to go there

I would prefer to shop in Lakewood and avoid the fee that is charged to get into NY.
Thanks for all your help.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 05 2007, 12:49 pm
If you can get/borrow a copy of the Lakewood Directory- this is the jewish phone book and the yellow pages part will be a great help to you.
There is a free magazine called the "BP" which will have lots of adds for the shops in it. You can pick up a copy at BP Graphics which is on 4th Street between Clifton & Madison.

Any one is alowed to shop at the co-op - the name though of what is referred to as the co-op is NPGS (Non Profit Grocery Store) and it has two locations: the original is on Main Street, and the newer larger one is on County Line Road (and is actually in Jackson). There are many other places to shop for food - Shlomie's Kosher World is on Kennedy Blvd & Clifton, Kosher Village is on County Line Road.
Nechamas Robe Gallery in the Villas (Twin Oaks Drive) has nice shabbos robes that arent expensive
To Eat in Lakewood -here are some that are on the "main drag"- a favorite is Tastebuds (dairy) on Route 9 and Alexander Avenue. Essex on Route 9 (meat) Along Clifton Avenue- Salad Garden (dairy) Baguette Cafe (dairy) Pizza Plus (4th Street, off Clifton) Yossi's Deli (meat) Bagel Nosh (dairy) On Kennedy Blvd- Le Petite France (dairy) and Glatt Bite (meat) Dairy Whip (ice cream store) On Cedarbridge Ave (which is the continuation of Clifton) is Circa (like the one in NY) On County Line Road & Squankum- Four Corners Bagels (dairy)
No daughters so I dont know the shopping scene for girls! Beware though , many shops are in peoples homes and have odd hours- call before you go!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics