Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
San fransisco

amother

Post Wed, Jun 20 2007, 7:21 am
my husban is going to san fransisco on buisness
are there any kosher restaurants?

Mishie

Post Wed, Jun 20 2007, 8:58 am
There's an Israeli owned restaurant on one of the main streets there. I can't remember the name off hand. Ate there a couple of years ago. They serve lots of Israeli style foods like: Falafel, Pita, Chumus and Techina, Rice & beans etc...

I'll ask my relatives if they know the name and address of the place.

bashinda

Post Wed, Jun 20 2007, 10:20 am
It's Sabra Grill I think and it's in chinatown.

things are always changing in that area that I'd check with the chabad house for recent info. Here's some info on the restaurant:

http://shamash.org/kosher/sear.....m=two

justanothermother

Post Wed, Jun 20 2007, 10:31 am
I don't know if it's moved, but we went there 5 years ago. If you have a baby in a stroller, be warned that it is up a flight of stairs. I had to go there alone while DH was at a convention. Not too fun with a 1yo and a stroller.

The food was good and the service was very friendly.

Sparkle

Post Wed, Jun 20 2007, 2:59 pm
A new kosher deli just opened on the Embarcadero. I am not sure of the name but I know that it is under reliable supervision.

Besides for that and Sabra's there is nothing anymore. Izzy's Bagels just lost their hechsher.

happymom

Post Wed, Jun 20 2007, 6:31 pm
are u sure izzys lost thier hechsher??? why?

amother

Post Sun, Jul 08 2007, 8:41 pm
Quote:
Izzy's Bagels just lost their hechsher

that is not correct. My family lives there. its not ture, so u should first find out before posting something like that. everyone eats there still cuz its toatally fine.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 08 2007, 10:41 pm
The izzy's in san francisco by the ballpark did lose it's hechsher. That's probably what she meant to say.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 08 2007, 10:47 pm
The new deli is in Embarcadero 5, it's called The SF New York Deli. They have Pas Yisroel bread and their meat is Rubashkin. Their food is quite good. You can check them out online at www.sfnewyorkdeli.com.

aspring

Post Sun, Jul 08 2007, 11:01 pm
The Izzy's in San Francisco DID NOT loose its hechsher, it was sold to a [gentile] and is no longer called Izzy's. The Izzy's in Palo Alto still remains as well as the new Izzys deli in Sunnyvale.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 08 2007, 11:28 pm
That was my point, that it is not kosher...

aspring

Post Mon, Jul 09 2007, 1:12 am
Izzys is kosher, it is no longer an Izzys is my point!

bashinda

Post Mon, Jul 09 2007, 3:59 am
btw I remember when I went to the Izzy's in Palo Alto that the cream cheese was not cholev yisroel. the pizza had cholev yisroel cheese though so you have to be careful if you keep cholev yisroel there. Check the teuda because there are a few things cholev stam IIRC.

that's nice about the new restaurant. I miss Meek's though. Did anyone know about her? She was this nice Israeli lady who looked like she was a teenager and every week or month (can't remember) she'd have a different theme either japanese, or french etc and it was kosher vegetarian food. I survived on that one visit. Then it stopped being kosher. Oh well.

Didn't know Izzy's was in Sunnyvale, though.

A tad OT: is Mollie Stones the only store to get a decent selection of kosher food now that there's no willow glen market? Is there anything closer to S. Jose?

aspring

Post Mon, Jul 09 2007, 12:39 pm
Meek now works somewhere up more in northern cali, at a resturaunt that is not kosher. There is Albertsons that is closer to san jose then mollys they have a whole selection of kosher food including milk yogurt and meat and chicken.

Regarding Izzys, you are correct it is mostly not cholov yisroel except for the pizza. you just have to make sure to ask before you eat.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 09 2007, 12:47 pm
I see what you're saying

bashinda

Post Mon, Jul 09 2007, 1:16 pm
aspring wrote:
Meek now works somewhere up more in northern cali, at a resturaunt that is not kosher. There is Albertsons that is closer to san jose then mollys they have a whole selection of kosher food including milk yogurt and meat and chicken.

Regarding Izzys, you are correct it is mostly not cholov yisroel except for the pizza. you just have to make sure to ask before you eat.

are you sure about albertsons? my mom says albertsons is closing most of their stores. do you know where it is by any chance?

aspring

Post Mon, Jul 09 2007, 1:19 pm
Albertsons - 2175 Grant Road in Los Altos.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics