Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
No Sounds at all! I checked everything!

Basya

Post Wed, Jun 20 2007, 3:44 pm
I cannot figure out why my sound stopped working! I put music on mute for a while to answer the phone and when I tried to get it back on - the mute signal turned off but the sound did not come out! I tried restarting, I checked all the wires and the volume - There is absolutely no sound - not even when I turn on or shut down. - I am connected to a server but the other computers on the server have working sound - except mine!

Please help me! I need my music here at work!

EsaEinai

Post Wed, Jul 04 2007, 5:59 pm
thats so weird, im sorry to hear its not working. im not a computer expert, my husband and I just recently had a similar problem with our computer. we hadnt put it on mute, but it randomly stopped working one day. we called the company, they checked it out, and said the computer is a few years old and the internal speakers broke. we can plug in external speakers to the headphones jack and it works. maybe try that to see if that would atleast work on your computer?

qeenB

Post Wed, Jul 04 2007, 10:39 pm
go to the start button on the bottom of the computer and press the selection for control panel. on the control panel it should give an option for sounds speech and audio devices. click on that and chose sound and audio . check to see if the mute button is clicked or the sound turned all the way down.

su7kids

Post Wed, Jul 04 2007, 10:42 pm
Unplug all the wires and replug them in.

I went through this with my father in Australia and told him for sure he pulled out a wire and he swore he didn't.

Then he got his tech-spert to come and help him and guess what??? It was a wire which had been pulled out.

It may be slightly out. There is an on and off switch on some speakers, and maybe someone turned that down too.

I know you said you checked it, but check it again.
and if they're separate speakers, plug them into another computer that you KNOW has sound and see if it works there.

Basya

Post Thu, Jul 05 2007, 10:19 am
Well, It got fixed- I kvetched to my boss and he fixed the problem - he said it was something internal (like a loose wire inside the speaker) He is very good at electrical stuff- I could never have done that - and I dont reccomend any of you ladies opening a speaker and start fiddling with its kishkes. but thanks for all your suggestions.

su7kids

Post Thu, Jul 05 2007, 10:53 am
That was way more complicated than the scope of this board! LOL

Glad its fixed (DING!)

Twizzlers

Post Thu, Jul 05 2007, 10:55 am
glad you got your music back just in time for the 3 weeks!

can you get accapela at least??

Basya

Post Thu, Jul 05 2007, 10:57 am
Yeah- acapella- but really not the same Sad
I guess thats the point to the no music rule...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics