Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Niagara/ Toronto attractions

bigdreamer2

Post Fri, Jul 10 2015, 1:50 pm
Anyone been to canada on vacation and can give some names of some good attractions and hotels there?Thanks!

Blessing1

Post Fri, Jul 10 2015, 2:12 pm
The Hilton at niagara has a water park in the hotel.
We went to the African Lion Safari in Toronto, beautiful Safari takes about an hour to circle the safari. There's also a bird show, boat ride, & water park at the safari.

Gerbera

Post Fri, Jul 10 2015, 7:30 pm
You need to be a lot more specific. Canada is a larger country than the U.S. in terms of land size so asking if anyone has been to Canada and what attractions to recommend can be all over the place. Where are you looking for a hotel? Will you have a car? What's important to you in a hotel....closeness to attractions? Kosher food? Shul? Amenities? I live in Toronto and can definitely help you out but just be more specific with what you want. Also attractions for what age group?

African Lion Safari is not in Toronto so if you are staying in Toronto and looking to go there be prepared for at least an hour drive. It is actually in Hamilton.

Toronto has beautiful beaches. There is the Ripleys Aquarium, CN Tower, Canada's Wonderland, Centre Island, there is a new children's discovery museum. We have many free outdoor splash pads located in all areas of the city. There are museums and art galleries and a science centre. Depends on what you are looking for exactly. We have an outdoor zoo, indoor reptile zoo.

bigdreamer2

Post Fri, Jul 10 2015, 7:46 pm
Oh thanks k so I don't know the different areas in canada but what I'm looking for is a nice vacation to go just with my husband no kids for a week. Alot of people recomended canada but all I heard is the falls which isn't interesting for more than 2 days. If there is a jewish hotel for shabbos I would love that and the rest of the week I want a nice 4-5 star hotel that there will be a minyan around. I can't do beaches. We have a car and don't mind driving inorder to get to best places. Also kosher restaurants would be great. I'm not sure which area is the best for me to stay in. And thank you some info. from someone that lives there would help alot!

alittlebirdie

Post Sat, Jul 11 2015, 6:42 pm
Look into Toronto it's not far from the falls and they have a beautiful community. I've been there to visit. There's a very nicce amusment park with rides dolfin show and deer parrk. I was there abt 15 yrs ago don't know if it's still around. It was called Marineland I think. U can spend a whole day there.

tigerwife

Post Sat, Jul 11 2015, 7:06 pm
Niagara Pizza Smile

Gerbera

Post Sun, Jul 12 2015, 7:05 am
I would suggest either Montreal or Toronto/Niagara. I don't know where you are coming from.

You will not find a kosher hotel in Toronto or Niagara. There is one in Montreal but far from a 4 or 5 star hotel. It is located in the heart of the Jewish community. There are fabulous restaurants nearby and plenty of shuls. You are also very close to the bus and metro which makes getting around very easy. It is called the Quality Hotel and is located on Decarie.

Niagara Falls has plenty of four and five star hotels. There is one kosher restaurant.

Toronto does not have a four or five star hotel right near the Jewish areas. You can easily drive though. The newer hotels are located in Vaughan. There is easy access to the highways and it's about 20 minutes to kosher food and shuls. There is a new hotel located right in Thornhill which is minutes away from the shuls and kosher restaurants but I don't know too much about it. Brand new building. Not ideal for Shabbat as I believe the hotel rooms start on the 14th floor. I could be wrong about that.

Www.libertysuites.ca

I live a five minute drive from there. You are near buses, subways, kosher food and shuls.

In the Vaughan area there's an Aloft, Novotel, residence Inn, Hilton Garden....all built in the past few years. I have stayed at them all and they are all very nice.

I am not familiar with downtown Toronto hotels. There is very limited kosher food available unless you just want groceries.

I would suggest CN Tower, Ripleys Aquarium.

Gerbera

Post Sun, Jul 12 2015, 7:07 am
Marine land as a poster mentioned is in Niagara Falls. I would also suggest taking the ferry out to Centre Island. Beautiful ride, gorgeous island to explore....they have bike rentals....small amusement park geared to kids. Just a nice day out.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Jul 12 2015, 7:20 am
Vancouver is beautiful and is in Canada. I've been there many times. Victoria is nearby with many attractions. I've heard nice things about Winnipeg, but it's up north.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Jul 12 2015, 9:20 am
Where exactly is centre island? Is it near Niagara Falls?

Gerbera

Post Sun, Jul 12 2015, 10:43 am
No. It is downtown Toronto. Toronto is on a lake so you board the ferry downtown and take it across to the islands. Maybe a 10 minute journey. Nowhere near Niagara Falls. Niagara on the Lake is beautiful! Also worth visiting. It's the region just outside Niagara Falls.

bigdreamer2

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 10:00 am
Thanks everyone this info will def. help me out when planning the trip out. I really appreciate it!

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 12:36 pm
Anyone have any attraction ideas to do in Toronto and Niagara with 2 little kids - 3 yr and 1.5 rs? No zoo's, Safari's or Farms....

Thanks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics