Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Give up on the $ or fight for it?

amother

Post Thu, Jun 21 2007, 11:55 pm
someone owes me a significant sum of $. I'm having trouble getting it out of them (they say "speak to this one, that one, it's not me, you'r right but it's not in my hands" - seems like I'm stuck in the middle of other peoples fight and I'm losing out) Exploding anger Exploding anger Exploding anger I probably will never get the $ but should I try and nudge them - call every day etc. (I'm not the type to go to din torah or threaten something drastic) or should I just give up? Question Question I'm willing to lose the $ but the bigger issue for me is I'm upset that I was lied to (unfortanately I'm talking about otherwise frum people that I trusted.) so, should I give up trying to be right or should I try my best to get the $ so at least I know I tried???

su7kids

Post Fri, Jun 22 2007, 12:48 am
If you can afford to "lose" the money, designate it in your head for tzedokah. Obviously the people are having a tough time paying it back.

Let it be, and if they do ever pay it back, you'll owe it to tzedokah.

And before you do it again, think a few times.

gryp

Post Fri, Jun 22 2007, 8:59 am
Why would you let them get away with it?
The one person that you lent money to is responsible for returning it to you. And that is the only person you should have to ask for it back.
Never lend money without a written contract- see if you can sign one now, as to who you lent money too, how much, when it will be paid back, and both of your signatures with the date. With a written contract you don't need to be calling for your money back, and you won't be given the run-around either.

HindaRochel

Post Fri, Jun 22 2007, 9:10 am
amother wrote:
someone owes me a significant sum of $. I'm having trouble getting it out of them (they say "speak to this one, that one, it's not me, you'r right but it's not in my hands" - seems like I'm stuck in the middle of other peoples fight and I'm losing out) Exploding anger Exploding anger Exploding anger I probably will never get the $ but should I try and nudge them - call every day etc. (I'm not the type to go to din torah or threaten something drastic) or should I just give up? Question Question I'm willing to lose the $ but the bigger issue for me is I'm upset that I was lied to (unfortanately I'm talking about otherwise frum people that I trusted.) so, should I give up trying to be right or should I try my best to get the $ so at least I know I tried???

They don't have the money because someone else doesn't have the money? Or one partner is in control of the finances and can't get the other partner to pay up?

amother

Post Fri, Jun 22 2007, 1:45 pm
I think I should be more clear. I did not lend $. I worked for someone and signed a contract. that person signes everyones contract for years but the one who the checks comes from says they did not approve my raise!!! how was I suppose to know??? shock shock (I'm not the only one this happened to). we only found out about this problem a few months later. and then the one who signed the contract kept saying "I'm taking care of it-you'll get your $....blah blah" obviously they did not take care of it. and these 2 people are not on speaking terms with each other which makes communication a bit difficult. Sad mabey the one that gives checks wants to drag more people into his fight to have reason to fire someone Rolling Eyes I don't want to get involved in that part I just want the $ I worked for Exploding anger (btw-I would not have come back without the raise as I had to pay babysitter...)

su7kids

Post Fri, Jun 22 2007, 2:43 pm
That is quite different from a loan. Can you go to the Boss and discuss it with them?

Would you now leave if you didn't get the raise?

amother

Post Fri, Jun 22 2007, 4:17 pm
I can't go to a higher boss. Sad I am not working for them anymore. Very Happy

faigie

Post Fri, Jun 22 2007, 4:19 pm
if the contract is signed with x amount of money ........ then a contract is a contract. the one you signed contract with owes you the money.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics