Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Sheva Berochot Newlywed questions
1  2  Next

poodle

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 11:55 am
Hi,
Does anyone have a list of questions for the Newlywed game for sheva berachot?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 11:58 am
What's the Newlywed game? What

poodle

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 12:33 pm
A list of questions that you ask the chosson and kalla about each other and see how much they know about each other

kb

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 1:06 pm
I would not have appreciated playing such a game at my own sheva brachos. At. All.

ven

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 1:13 pm
Oh dear , imagin that if u have gone through beshow. Yikes

zaq

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 3:45 pm
kb wrote:
I would not have appreciated playing such a game at my own sheva brachos. At. All.

Me, neither.
The whole concept is in poor taste, even if you keep the questions squeaky clean and innocent.

happybeingamom

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 3:49 pm
I echo that it isn't appropriate, save it for a fun anniversary party.

zaq

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 3:55 pm
ven wrote:
Oh dear , imagin that if u have gone through beshow. Yikes

Calmate. Somehow I doubt that b'show-type people would know about the game, let alone try to play it at a sheva brochos.

5mom

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 5:54 pm
What happened to having a dvar Torah?

sourstix

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 6:13 pm
stop making fun of people that have beshows. you wouldnt like me making fun of some of your stuff. common I thought people here are more mentchlich

PAMOM

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 6:33 pm
Sourstix, I think her point was that if you had beshows, you wouldn't have known your DH very long before the wedding and so would be even more embarrassed at having to answer questions you couldn't yet know the answers to. I don't think she was making fun of beshows but being sensitive.

zaq

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 7:49 pm
PAMOM wrote:
Sourstix, I think her point was that if you had beshows, you wouldn't have known your DH very long before the wedding and so would be even more embarrassed at having to answer questions you couldn't yet know the answers to. I don't think she was making fun of beshows but being sensitive.

Thank you, PAMOM. Nice to see some people here know how to be dlkz--and happen to be right on the money as well.

zaq

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 7:50 pm
sourstix wrote:
stop making fun of people that have beshows. you wouldnt like me making fun of some of your stuff. common I thought people here are more mentchlich

stop making fun? When did I start?

zaq

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 8:05 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
What's the Newlywed game? What

It was a supremely obnoxious TV game show in the 1960s. They took three or four newlywed couples and asked them all kinds of intrusive questions. First they would ask the wives, write down their answers, then bring in the husbands and see if their answers matched. Then they would return the favor by asking the men with the women off stage. The couple that had the most matching answers won an array of apppliances or living room set or weekend in Las vegas or something like that.

The questions were either silly, like "Men, how long would your wife say you were married before she threw out your baseball cards?" to downright raunchy, like "Ladies, if your body were a TV station, which part of it would your husband say ought to be canceled?" These are actual questions that stuck in my mind for reasons only my Creator knows. I was a kid in grade school but somehow I knew even then that the show was in poor taste. Doesn't mean I didn't watch it, but I did wonder what was wrong with these people that they would volunteer to be humiliated on network TV just to get a chance to win a washer-dryer.

zaq

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 8:07 pm
sourstix wrote:

BTW, it's not "common"; what you mean is "come on" or "c'mon". "Common" means "ordinary, frequent, usual." It's a common mistake.

pause

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 11:02 pm
zaq wrote:
BTW, it's not "common"; what you mean is "come on" or "c'mon". "Common" means "ordinary, frequent, usual." It's a common mistake.

Common, what's the difference? You common here and expect everyone to have perfect grammar like you? Were simple c'mon people.
LOL

byisrael

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 11:07 pm
Gosh everybody-I played it on sheva brachos and it was really fun!!!!

The way we played it was we sat back to back, and every time there was a question if you thought the answer was you you raised your hand, and if you thought the answer was you spouse you pointed at them.

Some of the Questions:
Which one of you will wash the dishes motzai shabbos?
Who will clean up when your child throws up at 2 in the morning?
Who will take out the garbage?

I don't remember the rest......

Iymnok

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 11:16 pm
Try a different fin game that won't embarrass the couple. Pass around post it notes for everyone to write life advice.
Give brachos/advice according to a theme

The newlywed game I believe should only be used in camp between friends, or at the bridal shower.

Part of the sheva brachos is to make the couple like each other more, give divrei torah connected to their fine qualities. Talk about how lovely they and their families are.
Embarrassing them just doesn't fit in. (Yes, I know it's popular in some circles)

morkush

Post Thu, Jul 30 2015, 12:09 am
Describe your first date
What did the wedding dress look like

5mom

Post Thu, Jul 30 2015, 12:29 am
Part of sheva brachos is to help the newlyweds through the awkwardness of early marriage. A game that focuses on them seems like exactly the wrong thing.

What if they accidentally offend each other? What if you trigger a fight when they realize that they disagree about something important? What if you embarrass one spouse in front of the other? How is that enhancing the brand new marriage?

If you must have a game, let the older couples be the "newlyweds" and leave the real newlyweds alone.

I'm coming from an MO perspective, where the newlyweds usually know each other for a while, and I still find this inappropriate. Stick to divrei Torah. Sheva brachos are a religious event, not a random social gathering that needs to be livened up.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics