Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Shabbos mode knowledgeable appliance store

Lilibet

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 1:54 pm
I need to buy a new range (oven, cook-top). Is there a store that specializes in knowing about Shabbos-mode?

I live in New York, but the stove will be delivered to my daughter in Maryland (full-time job; toddler; morning sickness; and packing to move into a house where the range needs to be replaced) She doesn't have time to do the research.

Appliance stores can take the commission and ship the stove from the factory. Is there a store in the New York area where they really know their Shabbos mode?

Or - does anyone have a model to recommend? The house they're buying has gas.

I have a GE Profile that I love. I mostly use the Shabbos mode with an old-fashioned blech on the stovetop (Shabbos mode fixes it so that the burners dont switch off overnight for safety.) But my range is 10 years old. Stoves change.

Any advice?

Notsobusy

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 2:22 pm
Town Appliance in Lakewood is very knowledgeable. I believe they ship in the tri state area, I don't know about Maryland, but it's worth the phone call.

MiracleMama

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 2:29 pm
Maybe just call star k. They certify them and can give you all the details.

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 2:49 pm
Town Appliance ships to Maryland regularly. And yes, they are very knowledgeable about Shabbos modes.

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 3:04 pm
I will chime in about Town Appliance. Their prices are excellent. They often beat everyone else's. Malky is the most knowledgeable person I spoke to about shabbos mode. I recommend get highly.

Lilibet

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 4:06 pm
Thank you so much. Will do.
What Star K had said was: there are lots of appliance stores in New York. ImaMother is much better at this than Star K.

ROFL

Post Wed, Jul 29 2015, 7:46 pm
I will also give town appliance a thumbs up. Wonderful place very helpful ands reat delivery services
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen