Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Potty or potty seat

cdawnr

Post Mon, Jun 25 2007, 8:56 pm
So my ds turned 3 at the end of April and is not yet potty trained. He is a daycare kid and has seen lotsof other kids using the potty...

I put off trying to train him until now because we moved from the west coast to the east coast. Now that we are situated in our Jersey home he has started camp and he is the only kid in his group of 3 yrs olds that isn't potty trained. We decided to start this weekend by putting him in underwear whenever we are in the house. To inspire him to try to pish or poop in the potty, I bought him a cool CAT Wheeloader that he has to get 20 stickers to earn (He understands the concept of sticker charts).

For a while before this, even out west, we have encouraged him to sit on the potty just to get used to it and he seems fine sitting on the potty...but he won't do anythign on it!!

Tonight, after we got home, he sat there for 1/2 hour telling me he was going to do something. Finally I said enough because we had to eat dinner to get bath time in before bed...I puthim in underwear and pants and we went to the table, and five minutes later he pished him pants.

What do I do? I feel like maybe he is afraid to "release" outside of a diaper/pull-up...

I was wondering if maybe he is afraid of the toilet as we have one of those seat inserts. Do you think a boy like this might feel more comfortable if he were asked to poop/pish in a small, self-contained potty?

BlumaG

Post Mon, Jun 25 2007, 11:38 pm
DD is 2 but we started putting her on the potty, she felt safer that way, to start with, I put her on every half hour, the first day it took her til the evening to actually make in the potty, once they finally do it will click in their mind
goodl uck

cassandra

Post Mon, Jun 25 2007, 11:52 pm
My daughter would only use a potty seat, my son only a potty (until he learned how to stand). I would say keep trying different things until you find what works.

yoyosma

Post Tue, Jun 26 2007, 12:01 am
My daughter used a potty insert and I just took her bottoms away. I was housebound for a week, but she was toilet trained at the end of it! Summer time is the best time to toilet train, I say start now!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training