Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Iso dorm linen

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Aug 06 2015, 7:08 am
Where do you buy linen for your son going away to yeshiva? I don't want to pay a lot, but I do want my son to be comfortable. Any ideas? Thanks

pumpernickle

Post Thu, Aug 06 2015, 7:20 am
Ikea

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Aug 06 2015, 7:23 am
pumpernickle wrote:
Ikea

thanks, have you actually bought there, do they have comfortable linen that will hold up for the year?

ahuva06

Post Thu, Aug 06 2015, 7:43 am
amother wrote:
thanks, have you actually bought there, do they have comfortable linen that will hold up for the year?

I did! They have really cute (which isn't necessary for a teen boy, but I am just sayin!) and nice linen that will definitely last a year. If it gets ruined it won't be such a loss cuz it's also good n cheap Smile

cbg

Post Thu, Aug 06 2015, 7:48 am
Marshals, target, Walmart, bed bath and beyond, but make sure it is 100% cotton and at least a 500 thread count, for sheets.

singleagain

Post Thu, Aug 06 2015, 8:59 am
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.co.....12497

^^^ these are the sheets I sleep on, so soft and comfy, not that expensive and will last even longer than a year.

But also, I would take your son shopping and let him feel the sheet himself, (most places have a pillow case for feel) since he's the one sleeping on it, he should like the material Wink

Last edited by singleagain on Thu, Aug 06 2015, 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Aug 06 2015, 9:00 am
cbg wrote:
Marshals, target, Walmart, bed bath and beyond, but make sure it is 100% cotton and at least a 500 thread count, for sheets.

Thanks, have you actually bought linen from these places? Any specific item recommendations? I see a lot of polyester (although I didn't check BB & B yet)

singleagain

Post Thu, Aug 06 2015, 9:01 am
looks like we cross post, look at my recommendation above ^^

also, what does he sleep on now? instead of new sheets, unless your old ones are stained and ripped, why not give him what he sleeps on now out of the linen closet?

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Aug 06 2015, 9:07 am
Don`t buy anything expensive, cheap quality, because you will want to throw them out at the end of the year, they come back disgusting. I recommend target, Walmart.... old mismatched ones you have in the house..... Smile

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Aug 06 2015, 9:29 am
amother wrote:
Don`t buy anything expensive, cheap quality, because you will want to throw them out at the end of the year, they come back disgusting. I recommend target, Walmart.... old mismatched ones you have in the house..... Smile

Whew. I was wondering if it was just me.
Someone mentioned upthread let him feel them, see if he wants them for the year. I guess if that's what you've done all along, then not doing so for the dorm might be an adjustment. But my kids never complained. Or possibly even noticed. When the girls got older they splurged on some nice linens more for looks, I think, than feel.

oliveoil

Post Thu, Aug 06 2015, 9:48 am
I used my ikea linen for YEARS. Definitely recommend.

Sanguine

Post Thu, Aug 06 2015, 10:03 am
My kids always take the old used stuff that's in the house (used is always comfortable). If too much disappears, it's an excuse to buy new for the house.

Barbara

Post Thu, Aug 06 2015, 10:09 am
Check on the bed sizes before purchasing. Dorms often use extra long twins, so your standard linens won't fit.

chaya35

Post Thu, Aug 06 2015, 10:32 am
For those of you that have Ikea linen is it true that they need alot of ironing?

hlweee

Post Thu, Aug 06 2015, 10:36 am
I love the ikea linen, nice n cheap. Have it for my kids room at home, and bought a set for my son in camp. It does crease a lil, but nothing more than as if it was slept on. Can be straightened by hand. Of course it'll be nice if ironed, but in yeshiva do the other boys really care?

centurion

Post Thu, Aug 06 2015, 11:12 am
if you're in brooklyn, closeout connections.
they have a website too but you can't feel the linen until you purchase it.
http://www.thecloseoutconnecti.....7.htm
they come in sets of 2.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Aug 06 2015, 2:27 pm
chaya35 wrote:
For those of you that have Ikea linen is it true that they need alot of ironing?

I assume OP's son will not be packing an iron. Unless it's milchig or fleishig, in which case OP will not want it to touch the linens. Very Happy

I just went back to the original post and OP, you're a good mother. I say this seriously: your son's going to feel your love, and it will take him far.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children