Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Ashrei's blog...
1  2  Next

Ashrei

Post Thu, Aug 06 2015, 9:20 pm
um... I started a blog... it's just, like.. to express myself.. kind of thing...

I mean I'm not a writer or anything. I'm really not.

I hope that's ok...

saying goodbye to the yetzerhatov

Last edited by Ashrei on Sat, Jun 10 2017, 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

pause

Post Thu, Aug 06 2015, 9:58 pm
You might get more people to visit your blog if you put a link to your blog in your signature so that people can just click on it.

workaholicmama

Post Thu, Aug 06 2015, 10:40 pm
How do I see a signature? I'm on mobile and never saw a signature?

syrima

Post Thu, Aug 06 2015, 10:44 pm
Yeah I don't see it on my phone either.

kenz

Post Fri, Aug 07 2015, 10:00 am
Ashrei wrote:
um... I started a blog... it's just, like.. to express myself.. kind of thing...

I mean I'm not a writer or anything. I'm really not.

I put the address in my signature...

I hope that's ok...

Ashrei, I just took a quick look and I think you're off to a great start. It's written well (really), open, honest, and hopeful. Keep at it!

sneakermom

Post Fri, Aug 07 2015, 10:10 am
Why can't I see it on the mobile app?

kenz

Post Fri, Aug 07 2015, 10:12 am
sneakermom wrote:
Why can't I see it on the mobile app?

I don't know about the mobile app but on Imamother.com you just click where it says Ashreis' personal bloc, under the ______________________.

relish

Post Fri, Aug 07 2015, 10:31 am
http://yetzerhatov.blogspot.com/?m=1
For those of you who can't see signatures.

Notsobusy

Post Fri, Aug 07 2015, 11:36 am
Thank you Ashrei, really well written. I love your perspective on why you wear what you wear. Can't wait to read more of it.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Aug 07 2015, 1:09 pm
relish wrote:
http://yetzerhatov.blogspot.com/?m=1
For those of you who can't see signatures.

Thanks! I could see the signature but for some reason the filter wouldn't let that one open, but would let this one open.
Ashrei, you have a great voice, and a perspective that many people will enjoy and benefit from. Hatzlacha!

ETA: strange, I can't open all of them. Would love to read more of "Looks."

marina

Post Fri, Aug 07 2015, 1:16 pm
I like your blog- it's very interesting and well written

Dolly Welsh

Post Fri, Aug 07 2015, 1:30 pm
Wow, nicely presented and you write well. Very thoughtful.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Aug 07 2015, 1:42 pm
I love what I've read so far!

mompower

Post Fri, Aug 07 2015, 4:49 pm
Love it!

Ashrei

Post Sun, Aug 09 2015, 12:53 am
You guys are so supportive and nice... thank you! I feel like I want to cry! (if that's not lame) I'm sorry, I just checked back on this thread now or I would have posted the link more clearly. come to think of it, I never see signatures on my cell either... anyway, thanks again, I'll try to post often. I have tons to write about, it's just finding the time, you know what I mean... ^.^

seeker

Post Sun, Aug 09 2015, 2:02 am
I don't have a whole lot of time for reading and commenting on blogs anymore, but from the little that I did read, I want to be your friend Smile

JMM-uc

Post Sun, Aug 09 2015, 2:44 am
Good job girlie! Smile

tigerwife

Post Sun, Aug 09 2015, 4:07 am
Love it! It's so real!

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Aug 09 2015, 9:11 am
Wow! This time the sig worked and the other link didn't. And I got to read all of them.
Re Moshiach is coming: I would really, really like to believe that were I in your situation, hearing that comment, my thought processes would have paralleled yours. I think so, but I'm not 100% sure.

BTW, tangentially, if we ever get new emoticons, even though I'm a bit more RW I really want a "hats off to you" one. Says more than "salute" or "thumbs up" or the nod.

Ashrei

Post Sat, Jun 10 2017, 11:45 pm
Hi there... In July, 2015, I started a blog. I thought I was outgrowing my naiveté, and from a societal standpoint, I was. I mastered a lot. I got it. I wanted to write about it. I got amazing feedback for the 2-3 posts that were up, for which I am so grateful - even moreso now. But my writing stayed private since then. And some things have changed. Really changed. I just published my last post on that blog and was wondering what you think.

And if you're thinking, "Well? Nu? Get on with it already, what's going on?" I want to reply that this is hard for me. I want to, and don't want to, share this. It will be raw and awful, and not for you, but for some reason, I feel the need at least to say good bye, in a way, and I guess that's what this is.

I sit here typing this, and cock my head in sudden realization, because that IS it, isn't it. I'm saying goodbye by inviting you to a blog that you will absolutely despise. I'm doing this to confirm that there's no room for me here anymore, in an imamother-like existence.

And the best part is that a few of you will think you're going to TOTALLY GET IT. And once I let you in, you'll realize you in no way wanted it.

So fine. That's it then. But I'll post this anyway, for fun. And just throw caution to the wind and be like, "I cannot WAIT to blow the lid off this s***!!"

Please let me know what each. of. you. YOU. are thinking.

saying goodbye to the yetzer hatov
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media