Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Hair covering blues

Tsfas mommy

Post Fri, Aug 14 2015, 12:39 am
I cover my hair with either tichels (mostly) or snoods (for over 25 years) and no matter what my hair always ends up sticking out, usually around my ears, the top of my forehead, or around the back of my neck. I recently tried on a turban and it was amazingly comfortable and completely covered my hair, but it's a very chassidishe look, which is just not me. Anyone have any suggestions for a great headcovering thato really keeps your hair from slipping out? Rolling Eyes

kol_yom

Post Fri, Aug 14 2015, 12:44 am
Try the nonsliip bands under your tichel, solved the same prob you had, by me

Kitten

Post Mon, Aug 17 2015, 1:45 pm
Try wig caps. They work great under any type of hair covering.

Blessing1

Post Mon, Aug 17 2015, 1:47 pm
I wear a wide sweat band under my tichel, keeps hair & tichel in place.

Frumdoc

Post Mon, Aug 17 2015, 3:55 pm
Cotton wig cap and tuck your hair in, then put a pretty tichel on top. The cap keeps your hair neat and tucked in, the scarf looks pretty and can be worn loosely which is generally more flattering than very tightly tied to stay secure.

Some people shave the sides and flyaway hairs, but it is not for everyone (I have a strong emotional objection to women shaving their heads so would never recommend it, but I have a few friends who do this under either snoods or sheitals and they do find it a more no-fuss option.

Tsfas mommy

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 6:57 am
What exactly is a cotton wig cap and where can you purchase one (in israel )?
BTW when I saw how many women checked out this post, it dawned on me that most women probably expected a kretch about covering one's hair( "hair covering blues"), and so I'm sorry to have probably disappointed them, I didn't mean to mislead anyone, I was just feeling frustrated for some time that my hair sticks out all over the place. Secondly, I hope all you women that do have the hair covering blues.......it's such a zechus to cover your hair, you can look beautiful and feel beautiful, even with a tichel. This is our crowning glory, wear your head coverings proudly, wig, tichel, shmatta, whatever!

Kitten

Post Tue, Aug 25 2015, 7:05 am
I wear something like this http://www.amazon.com/SuperWig.....g+cap (not cotton). You also have cotton ones that are usually more expensive.
Here in NY you find them in beauty supplies stores. I don't know if there is such a thing in Israel, but I'm sure you can find them online.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels