Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Frum brooklyn Clients

amother

Post Wed, Jun 27 2007, 6:18 am
Anyone out there deal with frum brooklyn women all day??
I feel abused daily by them.
Anyone with a similar experiance???

amother

Post Wed, Jun 27 2007, 6:18 am
So find other clients!

shopaholic

Post Wed, Jun 27 2007, 6:30 am
Maybe she can't. Maybe she's a shaitel macher.

TzenaRena

Post Wed, Jun 27 2007, 6:35 am
amother, what makes you feel abused? What are the ladies doing?

amother

Post Wed, Jun 27 2007, 6:48 am
op here...
Just things like yell and scream, blame and accuse... Yes I work for a shaitel macher... and the prices are not up to me, I can't help if the wigs aren't ready or if there are no appointments..

The prob here is how I"VE become.... defensive and "hard". I used to be a laid back suberban type.. This is my first time dealing with the frum community.. How can they be so harsh?? Where does it come from?? How do people deal with it??

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jun 27 2007, 7:21 am
Join the club. Ex-laid back surburban type here, too.

TammyTammy

Post Wed, Jun 27 2007, 7:34 am
I used to work in customer service for an electronics store for four years. People would call up and yell at me because their order did not ship out, the salesman sold them the wrong item, UPS smashed the package, etc. In about 99.99999% of the cases, these were factors that I had no personal control over, had no knowledge of the order before the customer called and gave me their order number and had no idea that anything was wrong before they started describing their problem.

It took a few months, but I learned to accept the fact that they weren't yelling at me personally, but at the company and I just happened to be the poor lady whom they first encountered in their rage. I've always found that maintaining a pleasant, helpful demeanor in spite of the customer's rage works wonders and will help diffuse most situations. In order to do this, however, I had to learn not to take it personally. If a customer felt like venting, I just let him vent, and then, when he or she was done, I would start to figure out what I could do to help the person with the problem.

I suppose the point that I'm trying to bring up is this -- if you didn't cause the problem, then don't take it personally. Let people vent as they will. Sit back, let them say their piece, and then, once they've "spent their energy" work on fixing their problems as best as you can.

Good luck.

Tammy

TzenaRena

Post Wed, Jun 27 2007, 7:53 am
Try to sound helpful rather than rigid. Instead of "I'm sorry there are no more appointments today" "I'll see if I can squeeze you in", pause like you're looking through the listings, well, if you don't mind waiting for an hour and a half, I can put you on standby" type of thing. (you're really saying almost the same thing, just a bit differently).

I appreciate when a shaitel macher helps; try to accomodate those clients who do have urgent needs, a simcha in their family or some such .It may be "out of the box" to do so (couldn't resist) but if you show some flexibility, clients may be a little softer too.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 27 2007, 10:51 am
I works both ways I think...
Customers are used to being misstreated ( in Brooklyn) so they get used to yelling and being abusive to get what they want...

You would think with all the Torah says about middos that FRUM people wouldn't be the ones with this problem.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 27 2007, 12:24 pm
Yesterday I was on the other side of the boat. I was sooo mad! The person on the phone was so cold and not understanding. Atleast if she would have showed me some empathy. I was debating whether to ask to speak to her supervisor but in the end I decided not to. And I've learned from previous experience the ones who open up their mouths get things moving.

LO

Post Thu, Jul 12 2007, 8:18 am
Also, I hate to say it, that is New York...I'm from Chicago, and it's not like that at all, or in other out-of-town places I've been. When I go to NY, my blood pressure goes up just from the driving...and I think all the busy-ness and pushyness affects people's personalities as well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics