Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Yeshivat Derech Ha'Torah

amother

Post Wed, Jun 27 2007, 1:02 pm
Hi, has anyone ever heard of this yeshivah, located in Brooklyn? What are the faculty, teachers, principals, children, and atmposphere like, as I'm looking for a teaching job. Thanks.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 27 2007, 1:14 pm
firstly im not a moderator but no need to post the same post in 3 different places!
I have not worked for this school but ive worked with this school.
Its basically a yeshiva but def not chasidish, some more modern families
they have a mix of teachers most have q a lot of experience, I think the school in general is very commited to making themselves a better rep.

brooklyn

Post Thu, Jun 28 2007, 7:23 am
It actually has a very good rep. It is one of the few ashkenaz boys Yeshivas that still has some modern families.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 28 2007, 10:52 am
My son goes to YDH. He just graduated 1st grade, and was there last year as well. We are B'H very happy. It is a boys school, except Nursery and Pre-K are mixed. The teachers are all (at least the ones he had) very professional, experienced, and very warm. A lot women teachers, all pre school are women teachers only, than in the 1st grade, Rebbi and two Morahs, English and Ivrit. I believe same for second and third, and then a Rebbi and Morohs for individual subjects. Very good Limudei Kodesh department, very warm Rebbies, they try to get kids interestnhg in learning, they "tach" to English so at least kids know what they read. Very Happy Very strong English department, as far as I know all teachers with college degrees, they take all state tests, participate in spelling bees, science fairs, contests, etc. Still they work with students who need extra help. Very strict with home work. Ivrit department is very strong. They are commited to teach Ivrit as a language, so in 1st grade they started with reading books, writing , spelling tests. Actually, this coming year they are starting a new program in Ivrit from 1st grade on. They have a structured a gym class, and gym like recess, library, computer class, basketball team for bigger boys, choir (new this year Very Happy , they sang beautifully during school dinner, from 3rd grade on), and one grade 4th ? even made a play! This year was a first year of high school , and from what I heard it went very well , and they have a larger group coming in next year. They are very college and career oriented ( gasp.. gasp... LOL ), they start with career days in preschool, and in 1st grade they had a Career day where they had to pick a career, dress the part, and write a report about it. Wink Middos are stress a lot. There is a nicely mixed student body. Families range from sheitle wearing/ stocking always moms (like me ) -although in minority, to moms who do not cover their hair/ wear short sleeves- also in minority, most people are somewhere in between. My son knows there are differences, but does not think of them as problems. Both RY/ Principals our current Principal and our former Principal (current HS Principal ) are incredible warm to students. Women's Organization is constantly busy with various events. As everywhere there are different issues coming up fom time to time, but overall as I said before we are very happy K'h. Tuition is over 8K Crying with small scholarships available only for people who help out in the school, nbut I think they are worth it. What do you teach? Which grade(s) ? I can tell you more if you want. Good luck.

theweddingplaner

Post Thu, Jul 12 2007, 6:28 pm
my son goes to the school and they have part for s.e. kids thats where he goes but he jon the classes for which he can they have
they havegreat teachers there he had mrs gordon an A one teacher
but I have no idea who you are if the hasgofos are for you
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics