Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
I dont think its right! friend also opening daycare

amother

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 9:21 am
Im trying to build up a business from my home...a day care, and a friend of mine decided she is opening up one also. What do you think? I know anyone can do what they want..but I wanted some opinoins.

YALT

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 9:26 am
is it on the same block? or across town? what age? I know I was looking for a daycare for DS and there's nothing at this end of town for his age!
Besides, there is room for so many more daycares in Brooklyn.
How about doing it together?

amother

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 9:28 am
I dont live in brooklyn

EsaEinai

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 9:58 am
that can definitely be a frustrating situation! would your friends daycare be competition for yours? as YALT pointed out, there are so many different locations and ages one can specialize in, etc. if she wouldn't actually take business away from you, it might be helpful having a friend in the business. maybe you can share ideas for acitivities, etc. Despite the potential benefits, I do understand the feelings of betrayal that can emerge from a situation like this. I hope that Hashem gives you the strength to move past this and that He gives you a lot of hatzlacha in your chosen field, so much so that you don't have to be concerned about friends potentially being competition.

EsaEinai

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 9:59 am
that can definitely be a frustrating situation! would your friends daycare be competition for yours? as YALT pointed out, there are so many different locations and ages one can specialize in, etc. if she wouldn't actually take business away from you, it might be helpful having a friend in the business. maybe you can share ideas for acitivities, etc. Despite the potential benefits, I do understand the feelings of betrayal that can emerge from a situation like this. I hope that Hashem gives you the strength to move past this and that He gives you a lot of hatzlacha in your chosen field, so much so that you don't have to be concerned about friends potentially being competition.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 10:15 am
thank you for the bracha! amen!

MMEC123

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 11:32 am
Where do you live? I'm looking for a daycare to send to!

amother

Post Thu, Oct 25 2007, 9:09 am
Also looking-are you in Crown Heights??

amother

Post Thu, Oct 25 2007, 10:38 am
not in ny

MahPitom

Post Thu, Oct 25 2007, 2:44 pm
Parnassa is bashert. To be honest with you, charge $1 more and people will come running. It’s a mentality where people believe they’re getting more for their buck. Go figure.

Crayon210

Post Thu, Oct 25 2007, 3:27 pm
You think so? I don't agree with that. Confused

MahPitom

Post Thu, Oct 25 2007, 3:38 pm
My friend used to baby-sit for 3.50 an hour. Then, people were ‘forgetting’ to bring diapers, baby wipes, even formula! So she started charging an extra dollar for each hour if you forgot to bring stuff. By the next year she became smarter. She started charging $5 per hour, all inclusive. People begged on all four that she should take their kids but she made a cheshbon that she can now afford to have less babies for the same money like the year before!

Oh, and if you didn’t like the Costco diapers that she used, feel free to bring your own.

YALT

Post Thu, Oct 25 2007, 4:00 pm
I wouldn't send there. Why should I pay extra for diapers, bec. others were irresponsible. I think there should be that choice. $3.50 for those that bring all, $5 for those who want all inclusive.
For one reason:
My baby reacts to the Kirkland diapers.
Obviously, if I did forget, I would pay. And being that I used to babysit, I understand what it means to use your own diapers for others, bec. of their carelessness. But I don't think I should pay double. If she weren't able to work something out with me, I would go elsewhere.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics