Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Need to air out. Suggestions please

amother

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 8:26 pm
I work full time and I am having off July 4th and 5th. Could someone please recommend a good place to go to. I am in brooklyn. Please bear in mind that DH or me don't drive. So it cant be very far.

JMto2

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 8:31 pm
well I have heard of people vacationing in Manhattan since there are a lot of kosher restaurants there you do not have to take with any food. There is a lot there that you probably did not see you can go on a cruise you can go check out the wax museum and it is only a bus ride away.

shoy18

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 8:37 pm
go to Manhattan go out to a really nice restaurant and sleep in a hotel, the best vacation in my opinion.

lamplighter

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 8:46 pm
u can take a train to stamford conneticut there is a sheraton that is right near the train stop, it is out of new york, a beautiful area and a beautiful hotel. ive gone there when I needed "out"

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 9:00 pm
Bear Mountain is train and cab friendly but if you're staying over, you need a reservation.

How about the new bed and breakfast in Sharon, Mass - DH and I are plotzing to go there - it's near the train and lots of hiking.

Otherwise,if you want to staylocal, what about a museum and lunch out?

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 9:14 pm
I like the suggestions above. They make me want to get away a little! (which I was thinking about, but probably won't happen for another month.)
You can go to Prospect Park and have a picnic. Botanic Gardens. You won't even feel like you're in Brooklyn. Choose a nice place to eat out. Just take it easy!

newmom

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 9:16 pm
Just remember that a lot of places are closed on the 4th, so call first.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jul 02 2007, 9:20 pm
That's true, you might want to use the 4th for laundry errands and cleaning, so you have the 5th for fun.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics