Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Does anyone have a recipe with tofu?

amother

Post Tue, Jun 28 2005, 8:16 pm
I want to start cooking healthier, so I want to try making tofu. does anyone have any good recipes?

myomi

Post Wed, Jun 29 2005, 6:56 am
you can make a tofu style lasagna,,,,very easy...
slice tofu in thin rectangles(directly off the block of tufu)..rub in breadcrumbs with some spices and saute just till lightly brown..place in bottom of lasagna pan,put tomato sauce,shredded cheese,even some sauteed veggies like zucchinis,onions,mushrooms.place more of the tufu ontop and cover with more sauce and cheese.bake 350.not entirely sure how longmbasically till its warm and the cheese has melted.very yummy and healthy!

Pearl

Post Wed, Jun 29 2005, 6:58 am
why asking this as amother???????????????????
if you are signed on as amother, maybe for questions like this, could you please sign with your name?

daisy

Post Wed, Jun 29 2005, 7:19 am
My family loves this and it is super-easy

1 block of tofu
oil
3-4 eggs
soy sauce
(brown) rice

squeeze water out of a block of tofu. cut into cubes and saute in oil until golden (we like to use toasted sesame oil, but you can use any)
beat 3-4 eggs with some soy sauce (I don't measure, but I guess around a couple of tablespoons). Add to tofu cubes and scramble until eggs are fully cooked. Serve with additional soy sauce over brown rice.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 29 2005, 7:33 am
I signed on as amother because I'm a new user and I dont like the user name that I chose, and I dont know how to change it. is there a way to change it?

my husband is on a low cholesterol diet, so I cant useeggs. does anyone know of something I can do with tofu without eggs or cheese?

proudmom

Post Wed, Jun 29 2005, 7:36 am
amother speak to Yael. She can change it for you. Just PM her and she can help you out.

deedee

Post Wed, Jun 29 2005, 8:03 am
we saute sliced onions in olive oil with some soy sauce and garlic. then add slices of tofu till golden brown and crispy. it good with basmati rice and a green veggie.

micki

Post Wed, Jun 29 2005, 11:52 am
do the egg recepie without the eggs. that how we do it
or suate onions and grated carrot with garlic, add soy sauce and tofu.

slice tofu into fish cake size slices, marinate in soy sauce.
dip into mix of flour, paprika, salt and other spices. chili if you like hot. spray with pam on tray and on top of tofu slices, lay them flat in a baking sheet. use plenty of oil and bake till its golden. yummy

Pickle Lady

Post Wed, Jun 29 2005, 12:44 pm
I recently sauteed it with onion and oil. Then added stewed tomatoes olives and spices(cumin, curry, nutmeg, garlic powder some ther can't remember) and put it over thin whole wheat pasta. It was yummy. My house is dairy free, so we liked this dairy free dish. Also my husband works in a chinese restaurant so I am not big on chinese type food cause I get it enough.

lucy

Post Wed, Jun 29 2005, 6:03 pm
I saute an onion and garlic till clear. Chop up tofu in cubed peices, add with some tomatoe sauce and frozen peas. Cook for about 10 - 15 min in pan.

alef22

Post Thu, Jun 30 2005, 7:00 am
A tofu stir fry is great and you can use whatever veggies your family enjoys. Saute onion and/or mushrooms in canola oil, add cubed extra firm tofu that has been drained. Add soy sauce, frozen broccoli or cauliflower, carrots,etc. Cover, cook until veggies soft. Serve over rice.

mommy2

Post Fri, Jul 01 2005, 11:36 am
1 block fim tofu
oil
ketchup
teriyaki sauce

Cube the tofu. Saute in oil. Then add ketchup and teriyaki sauce and saute a little more. Its yummy to nosh on. I serve it in pitas with a salad. It's a good easy supper.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics