Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Netanya Beaches
1  2  Next

avimom

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 5:37 pm
Does anyone know whether the separate beaches in Kiryat Sanz have separate hours or separate beaches? Also, are there any buses that go there from Yerus.? Any idea how much it costs? (We're traveling to E"Y this summer and would like to go there...)

yOungM0mmy

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 6:42 pm
it's seperate hours - eg one morning is men, and afternoon is women, and the next day it switches. I dont know which is when, tho - sorry.

the beach is free, I dont know if there is a bus from yerushalayim, tho egged does a bus to netanya tachana merkazit, and then you can take a taxi.

avimom

Post Tue, Jul 03 2007, 8:04 pm
Thanks! ANyone know of a separate beach that has two separate beaches? I'd like to go the same time as my husband. Or, anyone know the beach schedule or how I can find it out?

avimom

Post Wed, Jul 04 2007, 9:52 am
Ok. So my husband did some research and found that the only actual separate bech is at the dead sea. So, anyone know how I can find out the hours at the beaches??

shalhevet

Post Wed, Jul 04 2007, 10:08 am
You can phone the municipality - maybe it's on their website.

If you are only interested in the beach, Ashdod and somewhere near Bnei Brak have separate beaches which are much nearer Yerushalayim than Netanya. There are probably private bus companies from Yerushalayim straight to these beaches.

As far as I remember at the Kinar there are 2 beaches - one for men and one for women.

avimom

Post Wed, Jul 04 2007, 2:01 pm
Thanks! What's the Kinar?? Really it would be ideal to have the two separate beaches...

hila

Post Wed, Jul 04 2007, 2:06 pm
Kinar is on the Kinneret. there is a hotel and two beaches . Preobably pretty crowded in Bein Hazmanim but then so are all the beaches

(it is the East side of the Kinneret)

avimom

Post Wed, Jul 04 2007, 2:07 pm
Can people who don't stay in the hotel use the beach? Is there a charge?

shalhevet

Post Wed, Jul 04 2007, 2:13 pm
http://tria.darixon.com/kinare.....-1010

avimom

Post Wed, Jul 04 2007, 2:19 pm
Thanks so much! I e-mailed them. How do I find out about frum buses that go to the other beaches from Yer.?

shalhevet

Post Wed, Jul 04 2007, 2:23 pm
Maybe start a new thread and ask all the Yerushalayim imamothers to look out for details on ads posted in the street, or local adsheets. I don't think those companies are going to have a website....

avimom

Post Wed, Jul 04 2007, 2:27 pm
Thanks, I will!

Seraph

Post Thu, Jul 05 2007, 3:38 am
Tel Aviv also has a seperate beach.

Does anyone know- friday afternoon, is the netanya beach for men or for women only?

mimivan

Post Thu, Jul 05 2007, 3:46 am
I found a number in Geulah...Woman are (I think) on Sunday and Tuesday and Men are on Friday

052-7662-453

Come to think of it, I'm not sure whether this is the bus that goes to Netanya or Tel Aviv...

Maybe a group of us should go one day?

shalhevet

Post Thu, Jul 05 2007, 4:57 am
breslov wrote:

Does anyone know- friday afternoon, is the netanya beach for men or for women only?

Be careful! Many cities proclaim they have a separate beach, but when you get there you might not consider it separate by your standards Confused

Netanya, Ashdod and near Bnei Brak (Rishon and/or Herzliya) are definitely good, with supervision by Rabbonim. For example in Ashdod the beach is fenced off.

I once went to Hadera separate beach - firstly, for men it's definitely assur - you have to cross a park of BBQers who are dressed for the beach. Then once you are there it is easily accessible from the other beaches and we had men cutting across.

I am pretty sure that everywhere or almost everywhere, is for men on Friday afternoons.

challi

Post Thu, Jul 05 2007, 5:47 am
shalhevet, I'm pretty sure the separate beach near Bnei brak is herzliya. Went there once and it was perfectly o.k. I also is bigger than the one in Tel aviv as far as I can remember.

challi

Post Thu, Jul 05 2007, 5:49 am
p.s. if you take the 400 or 402 to B.B. there is a dan bus that goes directly there and it stops at regular tachcanot around very 15-20 min if I remember correctly. Not sure which days are for women though

Seraph

Post Thu, Jul 05 2007, 5:57 am
shalhevet wrote:
breslov wrote:

Be careful! Many cities proclaim they have a separate beach, but when you get there you might not consider it separate by your standards Confused

The tel aviv beach is pretty ok, in my opinion. I mean, I personally, wouldn't swim without a coverup, even on a seperate beach, but it was pretty secluded, IMO.
Quote:
I am pretty sure that everywhere or almost everywhere, is for men on Friday afternoons.

How annoying, as I'm going to netanya anyhow this shabbos and it would've been lovely to be able to have a dip to cool off erev shabbos.

HooRYou

Post Thu, Jul 05 2007, 7:03 am
Netanya is my favorite beach as it is the one that I have found to be the most tzneius (I have never been to Herzilya though which is supposed to be gorgeous!). You can get there by bus but it would take 2 buses from Yerushalyim-one from the CBS in Yerushalyim to Netanya and then a local bus to the beach). There is a van service that will pick you up from anywhere in Yerushalyim and take you directly to the beach (or anywhere else in Netanya if you like. I might still have an old # but I haven't used it in years so it could have changed.

The Kinar does have 2 separate beaches but as far as I know it is not accessable by bus. You could take a taxi from Tevirya but I was told the price is astronomical.

Sorry Breslov, the Netanya beach is open for Women Friday morning and for men Friday afternoon. Maybe you could leave tonight instead. We did that once during shana rishona and I had a great morning at the beach.

For all you going to the beach say hello to the sand and waves for me. I am plotzing to go but probably won't make it any time soon. Sad

technic

Post Thu, Jul 05 2007, 7:07 am
Local taxis in Netanya are a fixed rate of 15 shekels - might be quicker and easier than the bus to the beach Very Happy
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics