Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Costume Jewelry
Previous  1  2  3  Next

queen

Post Sun, Jul 10 2005, 9:14 pm
amother wrote:
when I got engaged I chose with my chassan my diamond ring. When I got it, my mother's friend looked at it and said, you should have asked for a bigger diamond... I was very happy with it until she made that comment, and even nowadays I still feel a tinge about it.

PEOPLE ARE NUTS!!!!
what was that women thinking for heavens sake??!?!? besides the fact, was she offering to pay for a more expensive stone?!??!?!?!?!?!??!

I've come to the conclusion that brains (and sensitivity) have gone out of style.

carrot

Post Mon, Jul 11 2005, 6:36 pm
stem, you have really been validating my feelings lately! Very Happy

chen

Post Tue, Feb 14 2006, 3:09 pm
carrot wrote:
also, since we are talking about diamonds. is there anyone besides me who thinks it's strange and not nice the way when someone gets married everyone hordes over (I know not really a word) and demands to see her diamond and makes such a big deal? I mean, I enjoy my diamond because my husband gave it to me. I think the quality and the size of it are my private business.

I'm with you, carrot. the technical details are nobody's business but your own.

furthermore, as someone once told me: "If the chosson is a jewel, the diamond doesn't matter. And if the chosson is not a jewel...the diamond doesn't matter. "

klotzkashe

Post Tue, Feb 14 2006, 4:14 pm
here in aussie there is this new jewelry store that sells man-made diamonds. ie. they are made of the same stuff as diamonds (pressurised carbon) however hte process of making them was done by man and not by nature. Every one of these diamonds is D colour and is flawless. They have the same strength and clarity as real diamonds and are cut like so. They have all this beautiful jewelry in 14K white, red or yellow gold nad it's literally a FRACTION (I mean less than 5% price) of what diamonds that were identical would be.

Of course being so cheap you could afford to buy a huge gawdy 3 carat diamond ring - and some pple do - but the smaller 1 carat rings and even smaller studs and necklaces look really beautiful (and I would NEVER know the difference...)

klotzkashe

Post Tue, Feb 14 2006, 4:16 pm
http://www.secrets-shhh.com/

cindy324

Post Tue, Feb 14 2006, 8:01 pm
I think it's worth paying the price for a real diamond. Diamonds are forever after all. An engagement ring is an heirloom, that you'll children will IY"H one day inherit, and so will their children. It's a special piece of jewelry for a special time in your life, so why lessen the occasion with a fake stone? I love the glitter of my diamond ring, there's nothing like it.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 15 2006, 11:56 am
When my dh spend money he wants something of good quality, for that reason, he has a hard time buying 14K gold, and when buying diamonds they have to be of a certain grade. However, obviously we are not the Reichman's and so he cannot buy me that perfect 2K diamond, so instead I have a small diamond but of a great grade.
Personally, I would prefer a bigger lower grade diamond. Sometimes I feel self consious when someone notices my ring. I know it's so materialistic, but I always have to remind myself (of course inwardly, in fact this is the first time I'm 'verbalizing' it) that mine might be smaller, but theirs probably has more defects. (It's my consolation whether it's true or not)

chen

Post Wed, Feb 15 2006, 12:13 pm
Small but perfect beats big and flawed.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 10 2006, 3:15 pm
Do you buy fake jewerly? I need new earings,necklaces ,bracelets and I cannnot afford to get something real. By real I mean like a 100$ dollar pair of earings.
But I dont want to buy necklaces or anything that look fake.

Where do you shop for jewerly?

Claires??I am not sure if I can find anything there that is not too teenager type thing. Do you go there? Is it weird to shop there being married and not a 15 yr old?

Macy's???
Sears?
Kmart?
Target?
I dont want to look too cheap,by buying a pair of earing for 10 dollars. But I need more accesories for my daily outfits

Where do you shop? And what type of things do you buy?

Nomad

Post Sun, Sep 10 2006, 3:21 pm
before you resign yourself to fake jewelry - you can get real jewelry for cheaper...

if you like silver jewelry, check out :http://www.silvershake.com/

ive also gotten some really nice real stuff for cheaper from e-bay

PS - ive gone to Claire's...its ok to shop there! Smile

Last edited by Nomad on Sun, Sep 10 2006, 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Esther01

Post Sun, Sep 10 2006, 3:44 pm
I just bought sterling silver earings with blue and white crystals that look like real jems. I bought it at boscovs and it was all of 9.99. I keep on getting compliments on them, but I tell everyone that they are sterling silver b/c ppl think I spent on them like 200-300 dollars...

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Sep 10 2006, 4:39 pm
I have bought on ebay and craigs list. sometimes macy's makes good sales. you can check out estate sales too.

I mainly buy at jewelry stores,though.

it's not as expensive as you think.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 10 2006, 4:54 pm
All of my earrings are fake I am allergic to everything real!

cindy324

Post Sun, Sep 10 2006, 5:19 pm
I LOVE cLAIRE'S! They have beautiful fake diamond chandelier earrings for like $12. They also have a very nice selection of earrings for everyday wear, and if you're sensitive to fake stuff, they have their Sensitive Solutions line, which is made nickel free, so it does not irritate. They have everything from simple hoops in every size to fancier hanging earrings to studs in all sizes. Trust me it's not only teenagers in there!

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Sep 10 2006, 6:30 pm
Trendy things, you don't need real. Claire's is perfect for that.

Otherwise, if you want classic pieces, you have to shop around for real gold & gemstones that doesn't cost so much.

FINKEL

Post Sun, Sep 10 2006, 7:16 pm
I work in a store where we have a full line of stunning silver jewelery
and we sell tons
so I guess its very ok to wear "fake"
people are amazed at our selection and they cant believe that the stuff is not reall, cause it looks so good

Ruchel

Post Sun, Sep 10 2006, 9:48 pm
SaraG wrote:
Trendy things, you don't need real. Claire's is perfect for that.

Otherwise, if you want classic pieces, you have to shop around for real gold & gemstones that doesn't cost so much.

I agree.
It's also better to buy directly from a guy who sells to jewelers, but not always possible...

amother

Post Sun, Sep 10 2006, 10:13 pm
85% fake b/c im too scared I'll loose s/ing & then I wont be able to live with myself!

shayna82

Post Sun, Sep 10 2006, 10:14 pm
I just got some really nice earrings on ebay, some sterling and some just beading.

I like matching all my outfits with similar color earings, so thats the most effective and cheapest way.

Frumom

Post Wed, Sep 13 2006, 8:44 pm
H & M has really nice jewelry too. I got really nice earrings for 5 bucks. Target actually has nice things too, I like how they color coordinate it there. A lot of my jewelry was from stores like that, oh and I like flea markets too.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics