Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Costume Jewelry
Previous  1  2  3

Ruchel

Post Thu, Sep 14 2006, 6:53 am
amother wrote:
85% fake b/c im too scared I'll loose s/ing & then I wont be able to live with myself!

I understand!!! Sometimes I don't "feel" a ring and I'm all afraid I've lost it.
Fake jewelry can be great. Some of my fav. items are totally fake, but just too cute.

withhumor

Post Thu, Sep 14 2006, 9:09 am
I'm a 'faker' too! I buy in Boro park though, they have these fancy shmantzy jewelry stores that have only fake stuff! Wow!

chen

Post Thu, Sep 14 2006, 10:54 am
FINKEL wrote:
I work in a store where we have a full line of stunning silver jewelery
and we sell tons
so I guess its very ok to wear "fake"
people are amazed at our selection and they cant believe that the stuff is not reall, cause it looks so good

since when is silver fake?

supermom

Post Fri, Sep 15 2006, 4:45 am
I love fake jewerly!!! I don't mind it at all my husband thinks they are nice. I love stones, rocks, glass you name it. Claires I have found tons of times things and everyone loves them.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Sep 15 2006, 5:10 am
chen wrote:
FINKEL wrote:
I work in a store where we have a full line of stunning silver jewelery
and we sell tons
so I guess its very ok to wear "fake"
people are amazed at our selection and they cant believe that the stuff is not reall, cause it looks so good

since when is silver fake?

fake silver maybe?

shopaholic

Post Fri, Sep 15 2006, 9:37 am
I love Michal Negrin. very exensive but I have a couple of sets that my parents bought me in Israel & they are gorgeous.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Sep 15 2006, 10:33 am
momof3 wrote:
I love Michal Negrin. very exensive but I have a couple of sets that my parents bought me in Israel & they are gorgeous.

I love it (when she's not making crosses)

supermom

Post Sun, Sep 17 2006, 5:47 am
I never seen any her stuff with crosses.

willow

Post Sun, Sep 17 2006, 6:16 am
go to her site she makes crosses.

DefyGravity

Post Sun, Sep 17 2006, 9:09 am
Yeah, I remember seeing stuff on her site with crosses when I checked out the site a few months ago.

Regardless, I don't know why anyone would spend money on that stuff! You can buy similar (equally cheap junk - but pay less) from Claire's.

I agree with Cindy - Claire's isn't just for teens! Check out their selection, they definitely have a lot of "mature" jewelry. I shop there all the time. Plus, why spend $$$$ on headbands at frum stores, when you can buy the same thing at Claire's for a fraction of the price?????

Ruchel

Post Sun, Sep 17 2006, 11:42 am
Ditto, Claire's has great stuff for the hair, most of my bandanas come from there!

shopaholic

Post Mon, Sep 18 2006, 9:48 am
They have claire's in France? I thought they were in the US only.

chen

Post Mon, Sep 18 2006, 9:57 am
DefyGravity wrote:
Yeah, why spend $$$$ on headbands at frum stores, when you can buy the same thing at Claire's for a fraction of the price?????

Umm....to help support acheinu bnei yisroel so they don't have to be nizkak litz'dokoh, perhaps?

cindy324

Post Mon, Sep 18 2006, 11:22 am
Quote:
Yeah, why spend $$$$ on headbands at frum stores, when you can buy the same thing at Claire's for a fraction of the price?????

Umm....to help support acheinu bnei yisroel so they don't have to be nizkak litz'dokoh, perhaps?

Umm...I would have no problem with that, IF their prices were compatible. But since some (OK most, here in BP anyway) feel the need to charge obscene amounts on a headband that they stuck some flowers on with a glue gun, sorry, my desire to save money for MY family outweighs the desire to support THEIRS.

LikeMeDoes

Post Mon, Sep 18 2006, 4:25 pm
Interesting this has come up - in my neighbourhood there's a frum hosiery store. There's a certain kind of opaque tights that another lady starting selling too - but she was selling in bulk (you had to buy by the dozen) and by order only - and it was almost half the price. Anyone who is constantly buying tights for a big family will know how much this could save. The store owners called this lady to a din torah because they claimed that they were supporting a number of their kids, where the husbands were in kkolel and she was taking business away from them.
The Rav told the lady to carry on helping big families save money!

Ruchel

Post Tue, Sep 19 2006, 10:48 am
momof3 wrote:
They have claire's in France? I thought they were in the US only.

Oh no, I've seen it in France, Belgium, Israel, UK...

Ruchel

Post Tue, Sep 19 2006, 10:49 am
cindy324 wrote:
Quote:

Umm...I would have no problem with that, IF their prices were compatible. But since some (OK most, here in BP anyway) feel the need to charge obscene amounts on a headband that they stuck some flowers on with a glue gun, sorry, my desire to save money for MY family outweighs the desire to support THEIRS.

I agree. Not to mention that my taste doesn't always agree with the tastes of the frum stores... lol

mimsy7420

Post Tue, Sep 19 2006, 11:07 am
amother wrote:
When my dh spend money he wants something of good quality, for that reason, he has a hard time buying 14K gold, and when buying diamonds they have to be of a certain grade. However, obviously we are not the Reichman's and so he cannot buy me that perfect 2K diamond, so instead I have a small diamond but of a great grade.
Personally, I would prefer a bigger lower grade diamond. Sometimes I feel self consious when someone notices my ring. I know it's so materialistic, but I always have to remind myself (of course inwardly, in fact this is the first time I'm 'verbalizing' it) that mine might be smaller, but theirs probably has more defects. (It's my consolation whether it's true or not)

Uch, I always see girls with these huge diamond on their hands, and their diamonds may be big but they are so foggy and even to my untrained eye, I can tell that they went for size over quality. Always go for quality rather then size because a big but not good diamond is very noticable.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics