Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Parenting Success Stories

mommy2

Post Wed, Jun 29 2005, 9:02 pm
I wasnt sure how to title this thread.
My sister in law told me they do this in a parenting workshop. They go around the circle and everyone says a success story that happened that week in their parenting. ex: I was going to react ... but instead I did this... I thought this would encourage us to be better parents and just get encouragement or a pat on the back for our everyday parenting achievements.
I'll start:Today I was in the library with my kids my 3 kids, 2 starting fighting over the side of the stroller to hold, I calmly told the older one he'll get a treat if he goes to the other side, he did and I didnt have to deal with their squabbling in the library.

Tefila

Post Wed, Jun 29 2005, 9:19 pm
Yep Bribery always works Twisted Evil

My daughter decided "I am not going to sleep tonight I have too much homework being 3, and I will go tommorrow". I calmly answered her if she doesn't go to bed right away then her morah in day camp will tell me she's to tired to go on a trip tommorrow. She said" ok then mummy I'll do my homework (scribbling pics Rolling Eyes ) tommorrow.

gryp

Post Wed, Jun 29 2005, 9:30 pm
freilich, the stories of your daughter always crack me up. she has such brilliant schemes ka"h.
I hope shes having fun in camp too Wink

Tefila

Post Wed, Jun 29 2005, 9:43 pm
Quote:
I hope shes having fun in camp too

It's amazing what she tells me she did that day and noone else can talk whilst she's recounting her days activitys and if I let it she could go on forever. So I always say tell me just abit now, b/c then it's your brothers turn to speak to me and then you can tell me more. But being firm and loving and patient does work..... losing it, does not ever Exclamation

RedVines

Post Wed, Jun 29 2005, 11:01 pm
OOH I have one, On our way back from the library, my son was crying the whole way back, He was tired and cranky. All I wanted to do was put him in the shower, so we got in the house. and I said "Who's going to turn on the shower first?" and he flew down the hall, still crying!!! But I was right behind him. By the time he turned it on, he was cracking up, and so was I! It was so nice that the night turned out that way, It could have been awful!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics