Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Cannot Keep a Tune!!!

BennysMommy

Post Thu, Jul 05 2007, 2:35 pm
Ok so I cannot for the life of me keep a tune. It's really bad...in my head I hear the right thing but what comes out is something else. I'm ok when I'm singing with someone else or with music but when I'm singing alone it's really bad. My question is, are there any cd's out there with singing the shema and I guess other basic davening for kids. Right now whenever I put my baby to sleep and sing shema with him, I feel so bad. He's gonna get older and not know the right tune!!! Lol ok so I'm exaggerating a little but does anyone know anything out there that can help me?

Btw I'm praying that my baby got my husbands music talent...my dh has the most amazing voice and has made concerts, sang at weddings, is a chazan, can play instruments etc...they do say opposites attract!

mumoo

Post Thu, Jul 05 2007, 2:38 pm
Are you sure it's all that bad? You must have a good ear if you can tell when something is not right on. At least that's a good place to start

For baby: play lots of music tapes. carrying a tune can be learned
For you: keep singing- my mother, a music teacher, said it's a skill that can be acquired if it doesn't come naturally
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics