Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links
Chasidish wedding- funny video
1  2  Next

fmt4

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 9:10 am
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=.....ns=em

So I get that these guys must be more on the modern side, but they're still wearing shtreimels! Is this kind of singing and dancing common? I wonder what was going on on the women's side...

fmt4

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 9:16 am
Here is another one, not sure if it's the same wedding or not.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mSyrHPjxw14

tigerwife

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 9:40 am
These guys don't look modern at all to me but what do I know. Looks like fun! I've heard of songs being composed and performed for the chosson in the chassidish world.

It's cute to see that's one chassidim have got the moves! Song wasn't my style but it was professionally done.

The ladies were probably all by the mechitza.

ariellabella

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 9:43 am
Love it!

ETA I had no idea this was not an original. The original song is horrible. Shame.

Last edited by ariellabella on Sun, Oct 25 2015, 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total

fmt4

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 9:50 am
Oh did you guys not realize? That's a non jewish song that's big on the radio now.

Pinny

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 9:59 am
That's actually really a distasteful video to see. Unfortunately the outside world has infiltrated and many don't know how to let it in and not take control of their lives. A lot of times this is seen in the chasidish world due to the fact that they have never been exposed to anything other than the box they live in. The results are quite visible on this video. The album that the song is off of is full of radio songs with Hebrew words to it. Not sure how the distributor took this album in.... I will just say that that album will hopefully never make its way into my home.

WhatFor

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 10:03 am
Yup. Here's the original. I have no problem with people being inspired by any art to produce their own, but in this particular case, I wonder how many people dancing there would have appreciated it if they knew that this song is written about meaningless zex. Especially the couple on their wedding night.
Also, usually when people take a pop song to make their own, it's clear that they're not the original artist so the original artist is still getting credit. In these social circles, I doubt most people knew that the "composers" did not write the music themselves.

youngishbear

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 10:26 am
The boys dancing know exactly where the songs are coming from. The older generation is probably standing on the side wringing their hands, shell-shocked and horrified. I've been to weddings where the grandparents walked out, the fathers demanded the music be turned down, and the young people partied on.

This was not sung at my wedding... Get the picture?

In the chassidish world today, wearing the uniform does not mean the inside is still as traditional as the clothing, although a maven could probably spot the telltale signs of "modernization".

Blessing1

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 10:32 am
Actually this is not uncommon by chassidish weddings.
I know these ppl they are belz chassidim.
The chassons brother composed this song.

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 10:35 am
I've never heard either version of this song, but if I heard it at a wedding I wouldn't think it was a non Jewish song. What exactly is the problem with taking a non Jewish song and making it to Jewish words? It's been happening for years....

yidishmamma

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 10:37 am
They r very chasidish family. The Chosson father is a dayen and so is his grandfather one of the big dayenim today. Unfortunately this is the today's younger generation

fmt4

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 10:39 am
Blessing1 wrote:
Actually this is not uncommon by chassidish weddings.
I know these ppl they are belz chassidim.
The chassons brother composed this song.

He may have made up the words but he definitely did not compose the song lol.

fmt4

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 10:39 am
eema of 3 wrote:
I've never heard either version of this song, but if I heard it at a wedding I wouldn't think it was a non Jewish song. What exactly is the problem with taking a non Jewish song and making it to Jewish words? It's been happening for years....

Well for one thing, it means they were listening and or watching a very innappropriate song.

Blessing1

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 10:44 am
You would be surprised if you knew how many heimish Jewish songs are from non-Jewish tunes! I know plenty!

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 11:02 am
If you notice, the bochurim at the wedding are not dancing to this song. They are dancing to whatever music the band was playing, and the video was superimposed on this guy's song.

and yes, these are obviously cooler/chilled out chasidim. You won't find anyone dancing like this at my family's weddings, for example.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 11:03 am
Oh wait, I didnt see the 2nd half of the vieo. Yes, these are definitely the 'cooler' chasidim... notice how most of them are not wearing their shtraimels when theyre dancing like that, and there are plenty of trimmed beards.

fmt4

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 11:17 am
Mama Bear wrote:
If you notice, the bochurim at the wedding are not dancing to this song. They are dancing to whatever music the band was playing, and the video was superimposed on this guy's song.

and yes, these are obviously cooler/chilled out chasidim. You won't find anyone dancing like this at my family's weddings, for example.

Yes a recorded video of the song is super imposed on the first video, but you can see on the second video that the song they are actually dancing to is the same one..:

Tzutzie

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 11:21 am
I didn't hear the music. Just saw the clips on silent.
Just thought I'd comment. This does NOT look like the typical chassidish wedding AT ALL.
Most of them have "gepitzta beard" (shaven/touched up beards) and those moves are far from the typical wedding dancing.
The penguin dance (or whatever its called) was a shtick at one point and that was considdered too cool.

tigerwife

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 11:22 am
Ah well. That's disappointing.

November

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 11:31 am
I'm pretty grossed out right now.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links