Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Time just doesnt matter

shoy18

Post Thu, Jun 30 2005, 1:25 pm
I have been thinking about this for a while and I have come to a conclusion I thoght Id see what you people think. When a girl is single every day, week, month, and even year that passes by until the day you get married, matters so much, you wait until the day comes for you to find "the one" and all those days that pass you get up in the morning and you think, maybe today Ill find him, and you get all dressed and you put on makeup, and you wait.. and then it finally happens and your busy with the wedding.... and then the baby....and then time just sort of disappears.

I find myself not even knowing what day it is what year it is, it just doesnt matter anymore, the pressure is off, and all those days, monthes, and years you've been counting just disapears. I don't know if this applies to everyone but because I stay at home with my baby now and Im still young and rememer how it feels to wait.., I feel it the most. and I also still have single friends and everyday that passes to them its like another day they have to wait, and to me days mesh into weeks into months. It just seems so weird.

Motek

Post Thu, Jun 30 2005, 1:29 pm
my, so philosophical! Smile

my thoughts - I can see it as you describe, especially when you're married in your 20's into your 30's, but I can also see observing time passing as you see your children grow - first a baby, walking, in school, bar/bas mitzva, yikes - thinking of shidduchim! And when you're past 35 and are maybe starting to think about time and age, and your parents getting older, perhaps losing grandparents ... time is significant.

supermom

Post Thu, Jun 30 2005, 1:48 pm
and I thought I was in some type of depression!!!! thanks for clearing it up for me in a more philosophical way as motek said.

IBR

Post Fri, Jul 01 2005, 6:40 pm
I had the same thing time just seem not to matter but you know what that your period comes and time starts to matter again but I hear what you are saying its all the same wake up change the baby cook clean try to maybe go out sometime if you can leave the baby alone for an hour and go by yourself as if you were 'single' again it helps

queen

Post Mon, Jul 04 2005, 1:45 am
from the time I began dating my husband seriously time just began flying and I have/had no way of keeping up. Days became all mixed up/each one blending into the next. It's so wonderful............... and interesting none the less to read I'm not the only one such a thing has hap'd to.

Rivka

Post Mon, Jul 04 2005, 6:12 pm
It's not too good to have each day go by so slowly and painfully. But it also isn't good to have each day fly by you don't know what day it is and you can't remember if you did anything that day or the day before.
I think this kind of thing happens to everyone when they get into a normal routine. When you have a baby there is no time because all your energy is used looking after a new baby and maybe other things. As your child gets older and some people go to work, time flies coz you spend it at work and don't have much time to do anything at home and spend as much as you can with your child. I hate having the days go by so fast, coz the end of the week always catches up to me and I am never ready.
I guess setting aside time to do stuff you want to do is important so you don't feel lost in everything.

curly

Post Tue, Aug 09 2005, 6:14 pm
before I got married people told me your wedding day flies by so I told myself that I will enjoy it as it passes and not just let it fly by.

curly

Post Tue, Aug 09 2005, 6:21 pm
I read this article abt. this lady that when she turned 40 she felt that her life was passing by so quickly so she made a list of what she wants to do. Now at 65 she finished the list so she made a new list including going in a hot air ballon on her 100th birthday!?!?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics