Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Shtisel - WITH spoilers :) including season 3
  1  2  3  75  76  77  Next

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 2:05 pm
So Ive watched through episode 4.
Anyone else? I would love to talk about that episode. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Last edited by shabbatiscoming on Mon, Dec 21 2020, 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 2:50 pm
The story of Ruchumi and her Chason has me rolling, I wonder how that plays out?

I don't like the story line of Kiva and Libi, first cousins it just turns me off. I also wonder if episode 4 was the last of Libi and her father.

I have a suspicion that Shalom and Kenninsberg Widow are going to have some sort of relationship.

I love the Bubbe.

I have a hard time with Gitty and Lipa's relationship how she just took him back after he abandoned her in season 1. I can't get into it as it seems so fake and unrealistic.

rainbow dash

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 4:00 pm
Didn't see season 1. Why did he leave her?

rainbow dash

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 4:13 pm
Omg, just watched no 4. laughing my head off at the "wedding"

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 4:15 pm
I am totally loving each episode! Wondering too about Ruchomi and Chosson. Is that considered a halachically binding marriage? It seems she feels so bad for her mother she was willing to do this so her mom is free to divorce. ..

Also, how many episodes were in season one? I watched a bunch on YouTube but think there may be some gaps. I don't remember seeing Gitty take back her husband or the details of Akivah's two engagements...
Any idea where I can see all the episodes for free?

Thanks!

rainbow dash

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 4:50 pm
Were does it say they will get divorced?Every-time I think of the "wedding" I cant stop laughing. My dh says that he knows of this really happening to someone. In the end they got married properly and they have kids.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 4:53 pm
I meant that Ruchomi 's mom Gitty can divorce. It was intimated by Shulem when talking to Gitty ,he said to consider the fact that Ruchomi is 16 and how will she find a shiduch if she's from a broken home? So it appears Ruchomi took matters into her own hands thereby alleviating one of Gitty's potential concerns about divorcing,although this situation seems so crazy! A 16 year old that's married!

rainbow dash

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 5:21 pm
amother wrote:
I meant that Ruchomi 's mom Gitty can divorce. It was intimated by Shulem when talking to Gitty ,he said to consider the fact that Ruchomi is 16 and how will she find a shiduch if she's from a broken home? So it appears Ruchomi took matters into her own hands thereby alleviating one of Gitty's potential concerns about divorcing,although this situation seems so crazy! A 16 year old that's married!

Thanks for the explanation.

newmommy1

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 5:33 pm
How can we watch season 1 or 2?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 5:42 pm
Many full episode are available on YouTube from season 1. Season 2 is only up to episode 4,as far as I know. I don't think all 12 episodes from Season 1 are on YouTube. Some people bought the CD from Season 1. I wish someone can post a safe link to watch all 12 episodes of season 1 for free!

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Nov 05 2015, 10:20 pm
I hope something happens with Libi and Akiva. I just feel so sad for him. Nothing happens for him Sad

The story with Giti and her husband seems just wrong. Meaning it feels so awful that her husband gave the baby the name even though she really didnt want it. and told him that. What kind of husband does that? Change the name the second before the brit?

And Ruhami and Chanina? I could not stop saying OMG OMG OMG while sitting on my couch. Unbelievable. But she got 3 witnesses, so how can it not be real?

cuffs

Post Fri, Nov 06 2015, 1:47 am
I feel so sad for Gitty. Why can't she talk to anyone? She's been through so much and she's been so strong in the 1st season.

chagru

Post Fri, Nov 06 2015, 2:59 am
This series sounds very interesting, is there one with the English sub titles?

abound

Post Fri, Nov 06 2015, 3:32 am
libi and kiva feels wrong and weird
ruchami and chanina looks like they are playing house, also weird. yet funny

I guess none of the story lines are meant to be realistic, it is TV.......
But it is a multi faceted and rich drama.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sat, Nov 07 2015, 2:31 pm
The characters are very compelling and I am definitely hooked on this series. I just find a few things funny:

1) They don't differentiate between the different types of "chareidi." All the chareidi characters are a combination of yerushalmi, chassidish, chareidi, yeshivish. Some of the things they do just don't make sense with other things they do and this makes the series very stereotypical anti-chareidi. Basically, none of these characters would ever exist in real life, although they are fun to watch.

2) There are some insider jokes that make me, as a chareidi, totally crack up, but I wonder if the average non-chareidi person watching even gets them.

So according to #2, they must have a chareidi (or former chareidi) helping with the plot. But then how did #1 occur?
Like if you know the best thing Lipa could tell Gitty is that he's sending her to Telz Stone, why would you think it's normal for Shulem and Aliza to call each other by their first names or for Akiva and Libi to hang out together in public?

3) An empty shul in Meah Shearim? Not realistic at all, but I guess they needed that for the plot.

Sadie

Post Sat, Nov 07 2015, 3:02 pm
amother wrote:
The characters are very compelling and I am definitely hooked on this series. I just find a few things funny:

1) They don't differentiate between the different types of "chareidi." All the chareidi characters are a combination of yerushalmi, chassidish, chareidi, yeshivish. Some of the things they do just don't make sense with other things they do and this makes the series very stereotypical anti-chareidi. Basically, none of these characters would ever exist in real life, although they are fun to watch.

2) There are some insider jokes that make me, as a chareidi, totally crack up, but I wonder if the average non-chareidi person watching even gets them.

So according to #2, they must have a chareidi (or former chareidi) helping with the plot. But then how did #1 occur?
Like if you know the best thing Lipa could tell Gitty is that he's sending her to Telz Stone, why would you think it's normal for Shulem and Aliza to call each other by their first names or for Akiva and Libi to hang out together in public?

3) An empty shul in Meah Shearim? Not realistic at all, but I guess they needed that for the plot.

Can you give examples of some of the inside jokes?

kerida

Post Sat, Nov 07 2015, 3:08 pm
Yes maintaining authenticity must be really hard, but the fantastic acting make everything ok, sure there are lots of sterotypes and the relationship between Akiva and Libi seems rather odd. However IRL I am surprised by the differences I expected in the haredi/chassidish world and the strict social guidelines I thought must be followed, which at times seem cast aside, or actually not that very important. Guess so many different types of groups and most importantly individuals.

Just love Shtisel, a lovely tonic to behold, suspend belief and just enjoy.

Sadie

Post Sat, Nov 07 2015, 3:27 pm
kerida wrote:
Yes maintaining authenticity must be really hard, but the fantastic acting make everything ok, sure there are lots of sterotypes and the relationship between Akiva and Libi seems rather odd. However IRL I am surprised by the differences I expected in the haredi/chassidish world and the strict social guidelines I thought must be followed, which at times seem cast aside, or actually not that very important. Guess so many different types of groups and most importantly individuals.

Just love Shtisel, a lovely tonic to behold, suspend belief and just enjoy.

I had the same reaction when I encountered the Haredi world for the first time as an adult. Yeah there are a lot of rules and cultural norms but people are people and they don't always do what they're supposed to or expected to do. My formerly Haredi husband is one of 12 and all the siblings run the gamut in personality and observance level. There are some would "hang out" with the opposite gender and some who wouldn't dream of it. They are also Mizrachi who went to Ashkenazi schools, and married all different types of spouses, so there is a lot of cultural mishmash too.
Authenticity is always going to be hard. My parents are both lawyers and they get a good laugh out of courtroom dramas. If you have an intimate knowledge of what's being portrayed the mistakes will jump out at you and you have to suspend that and just enjoy it for what it is.

lilacdreams

Post Sat, Nov 07 2015, 4:08 pm
Also its funny how it seems like the only bracha they ever say is 'shehacol'.

amother
Amber

Post Sat, Nov 07 2015, 4:08 pm
amother wrote:

Could you give examples. I didn't find it Anti Charedi.

There is no controlling Rav or Rebbe, which I find typical in the anti charedi productions. I do agree that it is strange that Sholom calls the secretary by her first name, but other then that I don't see it.

None of these characters would exist in real life as most fictional characters, regular normal people are boring and don't make great entertainment.
Page 1 of 77   1  2  3  75  76  77  Next Recent Topics