Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Shtisel - WITH spoilers :) including season 3
  Previous  1  2  3 53  54  55 75  76  77  Next

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 12:50 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
All this dissecting of Shtisel episodes down to the expressions used by the characters has me wondering- do any of you think Yonatan Indursky has discovered us yet?
Do you think he ever stops in here to read what we're saying?
If you could tell him or ask him one thing, what would it be?

he definitely doesn‘t 😂 he would be very busy, there are like 5 groups on Facebook in English and I guess more in Hebrew. And more on Telegram and so on.
I would ask him why has it got so terrible in 3rd season

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 3:53 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
All this dissecting of Shtisel episodes down to the expressions used by the characters has me wondering- do any of you think Yonatan Indursky has discovered us yet?
Do you think he ever stops in here to read what we're saying?
If you could tell him or ask him one thing, what would it be?
So, if you want REAL dissecting of Shtisel, there is a face book group called Shtisel - Lets talk about it. There are about 24 thousand members. Now, that group started when shtisel went on to netflix and it was said that the producers and writers and even actors heard all about the group and that also helped there be a 3rd season Smile

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 4:16 pm
Anyone have a link for todays episode?

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 4:34 pm
Latest episode is so, so good.
I saw it on telegram with no subtitles at all but I'm going to look again to find with Hebrew subtitles since I don't know yiddish and I like seeing the episodes twice. Apparently Devorah'le is one now and it's at least 2 months since the start of the season, so her mother died at least 10 months ago when she was 2 months at most. And supposedly it's beginning of teves now which seems off with no Chanukah anything.

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 4:41 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
So, if you want REAL dissecting of Shtisel, there is a face book group called Shtisel - Lets talk about it. There are about 24 thousand members. Now, that group started when shtisel went on to netflix and it was said that the producers and writers and even actors heard all about the group and that also helped there be a 3rd season Smile

Thanks shabbatiscoming but I don't have fb. I'm so glad they're there though if I have them to thank for a 3rd season. If you're there shabbat, make sure they start clamoring for a fourth season. We need to keep going at least until Devora'le is looking for a shidduch

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 6:16 pm
Please please can someone put up a link for us unfortunate chutznikim (who also don't have telegram).

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 6:26 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
I saw it on telegram with no subtitles at all but I'm going to look again to find with Hebrew subtitles since I don't know yiddish and I like seeing the episodes twice. Apparently Devorah'le is one now and it's at least 2 months since the start of the season, so her mother died at least 10 months ago when she was 2 months at most. And supposedly it's beginning of teves now which seems off with no Chanukah anything.

why is it beginning of teves? Shulem is getting an appointment on 11th of adar which is in two months, so it could be 11th of teves. But also in Srugim the author said that he didn‘t want to show any chagim...

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 6:29 pm
do you guys think Shulem will find the woman he is looking for?
I missed Ruchami this time
I‘m glad that Kive and Racheli didn‘t go to Russia

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 6:32 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
why is it beginning of teves? Shulem is getting an appointment on 11th of adar which is in two months, so it could be 11th of teves. But also in Srugim the author said that he didn‘t want to show any chagim...

I could have misheard. I thought they said daled but my hearing isn't great, which is why I usually refer to subtitles.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 6:47 pm
I could have misheard. I thought they said daled but my hearing isn't great, which is why I usually refer to subtitles.

I am most sorry about it!

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 8:22 pm
Ok, you're right, it was yud alef Can't Believe It
Anyways some thoughts. Toby is brilliant in manipulating her husband to get what she wants but make him feel like he's the man of the house. We already know he had a fragile ego, so she's learned to work around it. But come on, where's that money from if she is just a teacher? Is he not manually able to open the door of the car? Why did he sit in the back? Also anyone notice how Toby stuffed bread in her mouth without washing/making a bracha, which I assume she didn't do off scene since she had no intention of eating. I can't imagine why Tzvi Aryeh is worried about his kids getting kicked out of cheder since his father is the menahel?! Unless it was only if Shulem was starting a new one?

Racheli makes so much sense now - I thought she was creepy, something was off in the wedding scene, but it all comes together.
But did her parents not notice she had a sheitel on? Does she not wear it outside in her garden even though she wears it in public?
Poor Akiva's timing is always off. He's ready for her when she gave up on him. I also love how he starts talking like his father "v'chulei". Never heard him talk in yiddish to his daughter before even though he claims he always does. And why was anyone surprised he was sad at the birthday, it would make sense he's missing Libi.

Nochum and Nechama are perfect. Just perfect.

Poor Shulem.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 10:42 pm
Ok, you're right, it was yud alef Can't Believe It
Anyways some thoughts. Toby is brilliant in manipulating her husband to get what she wants but make him feel like he's the man of the house. We already know he had a fragile ego, so she's learned to work around it. But come on, where's that money from if she is just a teacher? Is he not manually able to open the door of the car? Why did he sit in the back? Also anyone notice how Toby stuffed bread in her mouth without washing/making a bracha, which I assume she didn't do off scene since she had no intention of eating. I can't imagine why Tzvi Aryeh is worried about his kids getting kicked out of cheder since his father is the menahel?! Unless it was only if Shulem was starting a new one?

I appreciated your comments.
I didn't love the way Toby went behind her husband's back. She obviously thought he was going to give her a hard time so she didn't bother asking him. Sounds almost like Lipa and Gitty. Except that Tzvi Arye is won over pretty quickly..
I thought the reason he sat in the back is because he was embarrassed to be seen in the front near his wife, lest somebody recognize him and realize his wife is driving.
She locked the door from the outside, that's why he couldn't get out.
I actually thought his wonderment with the car was beyond exaggerated. They made it look like he was coming from the 1960s and never saw an automatic window.
It also doesnt make sense that she went and bought a car without discussing it with him. A car is too major a purchase for a wife to make without telling her husband. For that matter, so is her getting a license. Not realistic at all. And yes, where would she have gotten the money from? She is a teacher and he is in kollel.
Yes, I realize that she ate the bread without washing. I noticed that Akiva did the same, in the scene with his father. This is another oversight. Though it could be that the washed before the scene started, though it's a forced assumption.
Tzvi Arye says he is worried about his kids getting kicked out, but really he is just worried about everyone talking. And he doesn't feel comfortable with the whole idea of a woman driving. But if it was really a rule, I think his children WOULD be able to be kicked out, despite his father being the menahel. His father may be the menahel, but he isn't the boss, as we have clearly seen in the previous episodes.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 10:45 pm

Huge shtisel fan here, but I did not feel this episode was as good as the others. Firstly, some scenes seemed to be extended too long. For example, when Shulem talks to the woman on the phone, the conversation goes on too long.
A few other parts seemed to drag and I also felt some of the scenarios were quite unrealistic.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 11:00 pm

Racheli makes so much sense now - I thought she was creepy, something was off in the wedding scene, but it all comes together.
But did her parents not notice she had a sheitel on? Does she not wear it outside in her garden even though she wears it in public?
Poor Akiva's timing is always off. He's ready for her when she gave up on him. I also love how he starts talking like his father "v'chulei". Never heard him talk in yiddish to his daughter before even though he claims he always does. And why was anyone surprised he was sad at the birthday, it would make sense he's missing Libi.

Nochum and Nechama are perfect. Just perfect.

Poor Shulem.

Regarding Rachelli...
I agree that it makes sense now. It occured to me last episode that she looks like a whole different person when she smiles. In some scenes she seems really angry, severe looking, and when she smiles, she seems almost manic. That's why she seemed so creepy. Now I see she is just a really good actress. Someone here said she was hoping they would be addressing mental health issues when a depressed Nuchem was about to jump off the roof. Well, you got what you wished for.

I don't know what's the deal with her shaitel and the marriage. I don't like that they left off two episodes ago with them getting married, and then going their own separate ways without telling us what they decided between them. It's not ok. Either they should get divorced or they should live together.
So I assume Rachelli came up with this idea to go away to St. Petersurg with Akiva for their honeymoon. I didn't quite understand what the condition was with Devorah'le. Were they going to bring her along?
Also what was Rachelli's father telling her? I couldn't follow the conversation.
Shulem going off on that poor lady at the kupat Cholim was very weird, but I guess typical Shulem. Very unrealistic that it would make the lady start crying. To the poster asking if he will find her, I am certain that he will.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 11:11 pm
Link link
Please link

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 11:54 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Link link
Please link

Download the telegram link from a few pages back. You need to have the telegram app.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Jan 24 2021, 11:59 pm
Without subtitles, I didn't get every last thing.
Can someone tell me, what did Akiva answer Rachelli after she made her confession? He said they will still travel another time? I didn't quite catch it.
Also, after the conversation he asks if he could take the painting afterwards. She says, no, we had an agreement, a painting for a painting. (Which is true). Why was he so taken aback by her answer? Why should she suddenly give him the pictures they she paid for?

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 1:26 am
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
Regarding Rachelli...
I agree that it makes sense now. It occured to meast episode that she looks like a whole different person when she smiles. In some scenes she seems really angry, severe looking, and when she smiles, she seems almost manic. That's why she seemed so creepy. Now I see she is just a really good actress. Someone here said she was hopinh they would be addressing mental health issues when a depressed Nuchem was about to jump.off the roof. Well, you got what you wished for.

I don't know what's the deal with her shaitel and the marriage. I don't like that they left off two episodes ago with them getting married, and then going their own separate ways without telling us what they decided between them. It's not ok. Either they should get divorced or they should live together.
So I assume rachelli came up with this idea to go away to St. Petersurg with Akiva for their honeymoon. I didn't quite understand what the condition was with Devorah'le. Were they going to bring her along?
Also what was Rachelli's father telling her? I couldn't follow the conversation.
Shulem going off on that poor lady at the kupat Cholim was very weird, but I guess typical Shulem. Very unrealistic that it would make the lady start crying. To the poster asking if he will find her, I am certain that he will.

yes they were going to being Dvorale along. She said we“ll go just you and me and Dvorale, he came to her place with her in a stroller and. huge suitcase. Also afterwords he said to Dvorale we were going to go to Russia on your birthday but never mind. We will spend it here with your mother because she‘s allways here

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 1:28 am
Without subtitles, I didn't get every last thing.
Can someone tell me, what did Akiva answer Rachelli after she made her confession? He said they will still travel another time? I didn't quite catch it.
Also, after the conversation he asks if he could take the painting afterwards. She says, no, we had an agreement, a painting for a painting. (Which is true). Why was he so taken aback by her answer? Why should she suddenly give him the pictures they she paid for?

yes he said they can travel another time
I thought its so terrible of him to ask for the pictures because he‘s taking advantage of Racheli at her weakest point

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Jan 25 2021, 1:30 am
Regarding Rachelli...
I agree that it makes sense now. It occured to meast episode that she looks like a whole different person when she smiles. In some scenes she seems really angry, severe looking, and when she smiles, she seems almost manic. That's why she seemed so creepy. Now I see she is just a really good actress. Someone here said she was hopinh they would be addressing mental health issues when a depressed Nuchem was about to jump.off the roof. Well, you got what you wished for.

So I assume rachelli came up with this idea to go away to St. Petersurg with Akiva for their honeymoon. I didn't quite understand what the condition was with Devorah'le. Were they going to bring her along?

Racheli‘s father is telling her we are worried you don‘t answer our calls the whole day and the bank informed us that you took out a large sum of money (probably for the trip to Russia)
Page 54 of 77   Previous  1  2  3 53  54  55 75  76  77  Next Recent Topics