Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links
Video - Jewish boy talks about Near Death Experience

mirror

Post Sun, Nov 08 2015, 12:19 am

imasoftov

Post Sun, Nov 08 2015, 1:42 am
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....82189

gp2.0

Post Sun, Nov 08 2015, 8:48 am
We now have confirmation that the angel of death is made of eyes and holds a pitchfork.

https://www.psychologytoday.co.....tions

JoyInTheMorning

Post Sun, Nov 08 2015, 1:28 pm
Well, this video was filmed on Chol Hamo'ed, which was 5+ weeks ago. According to Natan (the fifteen-year-old boy), the war between Gog and Magog will start within two months. A few more weeks will either substantiate Natan's vision or not, correct?

I actually believe that innocent adolescents are the ones most likely to have visions that are close to nevuah. But interpreting these visions and giving timelines is not something that we know how to do.

rae

Post Sun, Nov 08 2015, 3:57 pm
If you don't believe, that's fine. But don't be nasty.

giselle

Post Sun, Nov 08 2015, 4:14 pm
These things are detrimental to our religion and emuna

mirror

Post Sun, Nov 08 2015, 4:24 pm
gp2.0 wrote:
We now have confirmation that the angel of death is made of eyes and holds a pitchfork.

https://www.psychologytoday.co.....tions

I personally think that a human mind can only comprehend so much. I believe he did have an out-of-body experience, but his memory is not 100% because the human mind can't absorb everything.

Ever meet a schizophrenic person on the subway? The stories they tell are not organized at all. The boy's stories were focused and did not contradict each other. I just think his memory was foggy because he is only human. Only Moshe Rabeinu had perfect Nevua.

pelle

Post Sun, Nov 08 2015, 4:56 pm
thank you for sharing!

JoyInTheMorning

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 12:59 pm
rae wrote:
If you don't believe, that's fine. But don't be nasty.

I don't believe I was nasty. I merely pointed out that we will know in relatively short order whether or not what Natan predicted will have taken place.

What if a month from now the events that Natan predicted will not have taken place? What will you say then?

fashgurl

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 1:22 pm
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
I don't believe I was nasty. I merely pointed out that we will know in relatively short order whether or not what Natan predicted will have taken place.

What if a month from now the events that Natan predicted will not have taken place? What will you say then?

I dont think she was referring to your comment, I think your comment is quite logical, furthermore, these stories are generally unhelpful, as you correctly stated, we dont know how to interpret these things.

To not believe that this CAN happen obviously mean you're not a believing Jew, on the other hand, to believe they all are 100% true is a bit silly.

rae

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 2:26 pm
I was not referring to your comment, I was referring to the post that linked an article about schizophrenia. There's so much that's hard to comprehend. If we just limit our beliefs to what our minds can hold, I think we're in trouble. That's how I feel.

busymom

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 3:20 pm
Devoirie wrote:
I personally think that a human mind can only comprehend so much. I believe he did have an out-of-body experience, but his memory is not 100% because the human mind can't absorb everything.

I second this. I also believe he had a near-death experience, but I think there are two problems:
1. Ppl asked him too many pointed question: "And where are the avreichim? a higher level??" (!!!) In scientific studies of NDEs, this is considered a huge no-no. You have to stick to open-ended questions and let the person share their story. With such questions, people are subtly influencing his narrative each time he tells it.
2. He doesn't have the maturity and confidence to say, "I don't know." He answers every question anyone asks him. Maybe he's afraid that if he'll say, "I don't know" his whole story won't be believed. While these questions aren't presented by people trying to influence his story, they are still putting him on the spot and then memory merges with assumption to provide a satisfactory answer.

myself

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 5:01 pm
I can't open this now, can anyone share what he says?

Tweedy

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 7:36 am
Is there part 2? It kind of just ended

mommy321

Post Wed, Nov 25 2015, 8:37 am
there's a clip that's far longer, without subtitles (can't link it here but you can find it on youtube).

I found that pretty compelling. To me he is clearly a secular boy (not a yeshiva boy in costume), and what he was describing was quite on target. And the future predictions...he said that Sept 11 2015 is when the war will slowly start and that's the day when the US became Pro-Iran Deal.
If it didn't match current events so well (Europe, Syria, Turkey, Russia, ISIS, etc) I wouldn't pay as much attention as I have.
I felt the Rabbi was at some times censoring him or putting words in his mouth but 90% was clearly pretty solid.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Notable Clips & Links