Home

Who in Brooklyn does the best custom kitchen, up to $20,000?
1, 2, 3, 4  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Finances

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




Brunette


Post  Sun, Nov 08 2015, 3:00 pm
Who in Brooklyn does a quality custom kitchen for up to $20,000 for the cabinets?

My kitchen is medium size- covers between 25 and 30 running feet of wall space, which will be combination cabinets and appliances.

Who is honest, dependable, reasonable, experienced with kosher kitchens, and design, and does neat and high quality work?
Back to top

amother




Aquamarine


Post  Sun, Nov 08 2015, 3:43 pm
I was just into it. Did Ocd amt of research. I went down to kitchen ppl asked around and what not. The most important factor is a place that has a track record. Somebody who's been doing it for at least 10-15 yrs. I didn't make my final decision yet but it's between Mr. Hershkowitz in bp and kentco in willy. Track record and $$ were 2 factors that were most important to me. Wishing you loads of hatzlucha!
Back to top

amother




Brunette


Post  Sun, Nov 08 2015, 4:00 pm
amother wrote:
I was just into it. Did Ocd amt of research. I went down to kitchen ppl asked around and what not. The most important factor is a place that has a track record. Somebody who's been doing it for at least 10-15 yrs. I didn't make my final decision yet but it's between Mr. Hershkowitz in bp and kentco in willy. Track record and $$ were 2 factors that were most important to me. Wishing you loads of hatzlucha!


Thanks. May I ask why Enterprise isnt a considerstion? I saw a beautiful kitchen done by him.
Back to top

amother




Aquamarine


Post  Sun, Nov 08 2015, 5:19 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks. May I ask why Enterprise isnt a considerstion? I saw a beautiful kitchen done by him.

Who's enterprise? There's one more I'm planning to check into. I dunno his company name but his name is Mr. Brach in flatbush/end of bp area.
Back to top

amother




Brunette


Post  Sun, Nov 08 2015, 5:46 pm
amother wrote:
Who's enterprise?


I never heard of a Mr. Brach that I can remember, but heres the address of

Enterprise (Mr Koegel). They made many of the kitchens in the houses built in BP in the 60's 70's 80's. Very well known, now the son runs it and does lots of custom work, but for some reason not that many people use him. Im wondering why.

How I would love to talk to someone who is OCD/knowledgable about kitchen cabinets.

Enterprise
4712 18th Ave,
Brooklyn, NY 11204
(718) 853-9243
Back to top

amother




Aquamarine


Post  Sun, Nov 08 2015, 6:14 pm
amother wrote:
I never heard of a Mr. Brach that I can remember, but heres the address of

Enterprise (Mr Koegel). They made many of the kitchens in the houses built in BP in the 60's 70's 80's. Very well known, now the son runs it and does lots of custom work, but for some reason not that many people use him. Im wondering why.

How I would love to talk to someone who is OCD/knowledgable about kitchen cabinets.

Enterprise
4712 18th Ave,
Brooklyn, NY 11204
(718) 853-9243

Both kentco and Mr. Hershkowitz I got highly recommended from a few different ppl. What I found interesting was that the ppl varied in levels of wealth. One lady I asked had a tight budget her dh is still in kollel has married kids type, one I asked is really flatbush lots of $$ type. Both with kentco and Mr. Hershkowitz. Mr. Hershkowitz is an authorized dealer of holiday kitchens. Holiday kitchens are not expensive and great great quality. What I also learned while doing research is that installation of a kitchen plays a tremendous role in the wear and tear of a kitchen. A quality kitchen may not last long if it's not installed properly.
Back to top

amother




Brunette


Post  Sun, Nov 08 2015, 6:22 pm
amother wrote:
Both kentco and Mr. Hershkowitz I got highly recommended from a few different ppl. What I found interesting was that the ppl varied in levels of wealth. One lady I asked had a tight budget her dh is still in kollel has married kids type, one I asked is really flatbush lots of $$ type. Both with kentco and Mr. Hershkowitz. Mr. Hershkowitz is an authorized dealer of holiday kitchens. Holiday kitchens are not expensive and great great quality. What I also learned while doing research is that installation of a kitchen plays a tremendous role in the wear and tear of a kitchen. A quality kitchen may not last long if it's not installed properly.


Do you have any idea- Around how much did they pay for cabinets alone?
Back to top

happy12









  


Post  Sun, Nov 08 2015, 6:25 pm
I used Mr Brach a few years and I was very happy.
Back to top

amother




Aquamarine


Post  Sun, Nov 08 2015, 6:31 pm
amother wrote:
Do you have any idea- Around how much did they pay for cabinets alone?

Mr. Hershkowitz gave me an estimate of around 15/16k plus 2500-3000 for installation and kentco around 19k don't remember if with or w/o installation
Happy12, tnx so much for posting.
Back to top

Dolly Welsh









  


Post  Sun, Nov 08 2015, 6:39 pm
Does it have to be this much? Could one scrub, paint, vinyl floor the room, then install needed appliances including sink(s) and lighting. Then we are on to storage. That could be metal cabinets from Staples, painted nicely to match the walls. I would have a plumber come look at it, and I would have an electrician come look at it. Then I would take careful measurements. I would then have them recommend machines that would fit, I would approve them, and have them install. The lighting would go up first. Then I would finish off with additional battery powered LED lights all over, wherever there were shadows. For work surface, an island on wheels, perhaps.

I don't think all that would be 20K.

I am not sure there is a need for built-in custom cabinetry for storage. It might be an idea to put casters, little wheels, on the bottoms of storage units before filling them. Metal is great but if wood has more charm, Martha Stewart has a lot.

One would measure a lot, and be sure to keep traffic lanes open going through the room. And shim, where something might fall over onto you.

A lighted ceiling fan is useful. The electrician installs it.
Back to top

hello3









  


Post  Sun, Nov 08 2015, 7:52 pm
I just did my kitchen by Krausz kitchens and I'm extremely happy so far. Just for the recorded they are in business for the past 28 years and I have a few family members who used them. Very reasonably priced. Located at 60th st. Bp. Their number is 9176825617
Back to top

amother




Lawngreen


Post  Sun, Nov 08 2015, 8:02 pm
I have a family member who does kitchens in tri state for many years. She always says that the design is important and your level of trust/relationship with the designer. Things will always go "wrong". Something will be off or slightly the wrong color etc. You want someone who will work with you.

Price varies depends on your actual design, quality/company of cabinets and the amount of customization you do. She says people always haggle about price and get quotes from different places, but it is like comparing apples and oranges because every little feature cost a different amount. Price goes up with roll outs, potato/onion drawer, lazy susan etc. etc. When people compare prices she has given out her design (which people always love of course) and then she will ask her customers to price match her design at other places. Usually the prices are pretty equal at that point...
Back to top

OOTBubby









  


Post  Sun, Nov 08 2015, 8:08 pm
Dolly Welsh wrote:
Does it have to be this much? Could one scrub, paint, vinyl floor the room, then install needed appliances including sink(s) and lighting. Then we are on to storage. That could be metal cabinets from Staples, painted nicely to match the walls. I would have a plumber come look at it, and I would have an electrician come look at it. Then I would take careful measurements. I would then have them recommend machines that would fit, I would approve them, and have them install. The lighting would go up first. Then I would finish off with additional battery powered LED lights all over, wherever there were shadows. For work surface, an island on wheels, perhaps.

I don't think all that would be 20K.

I am not sure there is a need for built-in custom cabinetry for storage. It might be an idea to put casters, little wheels, on the bottoms of storage units before filling them. Metal is great but if wood has more charm, Martha Stewart has a lot.

One would measure a lot, and be sure to keep traffic lanes open going through the room. And shim, where something might fall over onto you.

A lighted ceiling fan is useful. The electrician installs it.


Obviously this not the kind of kitchen OP is talking about (nor what most posters here are referring to).
Back to top

amother




Brunette


Post  Sun, Nov 08 2015, 10:30 pm
amother wrote:
Mr. Hershkowitz gave me an estimate of around 15/16k plus 2500-3000 for installation and kentco around 19k don't remember if with or w/o installation
Happy12, tnx so much for posting.


Thanks! Where is Mr. Hershkowitz located and whats his contact info? How long does he take to come up with a price?
Back to top

amother




Apricot


Post  Mon, Nov 09 2015, 10:58 am
I did my kitchen with Mr Hershkowitz and I found his pricing and service to be super competitive. I was very happy. Heres his website.
EXQUISITE KITCHEN - http://www.exquisitekitchendesign.com/
Back to top

amother




Brunette


Post  Mon, Nov 09 2015, 3:52 pm
amother wrote:
I did my kitchen with Mr Hershkowitz and I found his pricing and service to be super competitive. I was very happy. Heres his website.
EXQUISITE KITCHEN - http://www.exquisitekitchendesign.com/


Thanks!
Back to top

amother




Lemon


Post  Mon, Nov 09 2015, 4:16 pm
I did my kitchen by Kitchen Cupboards. I was extremely happy. He gave me the best layout comparing to other companies I tried and his price was pretty good too.
Back to top

amother




Sienna


Post  Mon, Nov 09 2015, 6:36 pm
amother wrote:
I did my kitchen by Kitchen Cupboards. I was extremely happy. He gave me the best layout comparing to other companies I tried and his price was pretty good too.


He used to work by Krausz and did my kitchen then. I was thrilled with it. I know many people that have used him since he went on his own and are very very happy with the results.
Back to top

amother




Scarlet


Post  Mon, Nov 09 2015, 7:22 pm
My friend used Yaakov Max and was very happy.
Back to top

amother




Honeydew


Post  Mon, Nov 09 2015, 9:39 pm
I used Kitchen Expo in Wlliamsburg and was very happy. As a previous poster said, working with a decorator/designer is very crucial to use your space best possible. They know how to plan the kitchen according to your needs. The designer knows measurements, appliances and cabinet/counters very well. It is worth every penny to avoid later heartaches. The kitchen person talks to them professionally. Hatzlucha Raba
Back to top
1, 2, 3, 4  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 1 of 4 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Finances

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Where can I get a leg wax in Brooklyn? 1 Today at 9:51 am View last post
I have some books I'd like to give away Boro Park, Brooklyn
by amother
4 Yesterday at 9:33 pm View last post
Cost of Brooklyn Weddings
by mpwife
0 Yesterday at 7:28 pm View last post
Bus service brooklyn ny
by amother
4 Yesterday at 2:04 pm View last post
Good car deal brooklyn /lakewood
by amother
3 Mon, Oct 15 2018, 6:10 pm View last post

Jump to:  



Report offensive ad